No radio reception aftermarket radio

x1nick

Reaction score
Hi

I have converted my single din dash to a double din and fitted some very average kenwood double din unit (it was free! RNSe one day!!)

Anyway after having this fitted for 6 months I thought it would be time to sort the FM radio out and I have bought a PC5-137 Fakra Antenna Adaptor Filter to DIN
Which after reading a few posts on here, seems to be the recommended adapter.

I connected the power lead to the aerial power on my head unit, have checked and this is outputting 12v, so it is getting power.

But I can't pick up any radio stations still, am I using the correct adapter? As there is another connector on the cars loom which looks like a more standard connector
Bit like this one:

PC555.jpg

Should I be using this instead?

Thanks

Yes I think you should be.... My Symphony unit used what is pictured. The RNS-e I have fitted now though doesn't.

There pretty cheap on ebay so going to buy an adapter and give it a try, guessing it still needs powering though...

I have this issue also, never bothered me though as my aftermarket HU has ipod connection. But would be nice to sort it. I did exactly what you have done, but im using a different booster.

When i take the HU out and hold the aerial i get radio. But as soon as its back in there nothing :/