Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Sideways

Status

Pipercross & cold air feed

So I've had a pipercross panel filter and cold air feed I bought from eBay sat around for a few weeks, so I thought I best get on and fit it. I searched through a few threads to see what I was letting myself in for then got on with it.
    So to start off with I pulled the passenger fog light grill off and done a little investigation. I then realised I had to loosen off the engine splash guard underneath to give me a bit of room to poke my hands in. After removing the airbox I got my lovely colour coded hose out and found a route through.
    it was tight, but there's just enough room to poke through behind the headlight.. Then came the time to size up the airbox and drill my hole, made more difficult by the fact that I bought a 3" holesaw and that turned out to be the inside diameter of the tube. So once it was drilled and opened out enough, I threaded the feed in and started to put it all back together. shame to cover the filter up really, I quite like the look.. Anyway once it was all done, you'd barely know it was there. And maybe it's wishful thinking, but throttle response seems slightly crisper and I'm sure it gives a nice throaty sound above 3k. Hopefully next up this weekend will be the exhaust flapper mod if I have time.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I done the exhaust flapper mod all I done was pulled the connecting rod out of the flapper valve then you can rotate the rod so it doesn't foul with the flapper bit then you just tie the flapper valve open with steel wire 10min job. I have had this done 2 days now and while in the car you can't really hear the difference but going through a tunnel it sounds great.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

H88
    1st Gear

Status
    It looks nice but I think you will need to clean the filter every 3 months as it will get dirty very easily )

Sideways

Status
    Quick update: done the flapper mod this morning, literally took 10 minutes. Really couldn't notice the difference though, except from a slight rattle when the flap was fully open. So I put it back to normal and decided to wait for the milltek for more noise. The more I drive though the more I think the cold air feed has actually made quite a difference to the way the car drives. And I'll be keeping an eye on how dirty it gets over the next couple of months.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport