PLEASE HELP!!!! High Fuel Consumption and Low Power

nlnasty

Reaction score
i'm a new member to these forums and since november i've looked here as my first port of call for any information i have needed. as with most forums on the interweb i have attempted to find a solution before posting but i have been unsuccessful hence this message/post.

i own a 2006 A3 SLine TDI DSG Auto 3 door 140bhp remapped to 185bhp (i've couple of pictures in my album)

on sunday the passenger side bottom intercooler pipe clip snapped off and the car lost power and plumes of smoke exited the exhaust. i was recovered by the aa who got me to my best mates garage who then replaced the clip with an OEM one from audi, it cost's 90p!!.

the pipe was not damaged and the new clip secured the pipe to the intercooler and away i went. now since the repair i've noticed that the car is drinking diesel like it's going out of fashion and instead of a sharp nippy hatch i could swear i was back in my freelander and that car was slooooooooooow and the petrol 3.5 litre engine almost killed my love for cars.

does anyone know of anything i need to check to ensure something was not damaged while the pipe was off or do need to go to the local official audi center and have them have my pants down and spank £134.00 out of me for a diagnostic?

any help and advice greatly and warmly accepted (worried in nottingham)

Last edited:
Have you checked there are no there are no other leaks anywhere & that the pipe wasnt damaged? Even a small hole can cause issues without showing plumes of smoke out the back.

Rather than spend big bucks on having Audi check it out, go here: VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum and look at the first 'sticky' post. That should show you a map of the members who can be approached to check your car with VCDS. Or post a request, indicating your location and I am sure someone will respond. First of all however, do as Max has suggested and carefully check ALL pipes and clips which are associated with the turbo. Good luck.

Hi, I've got the same engine and box and I'm experiencing power loss can't even get about 70 and massive fuel consumption, and I'm not in limp mode, anyway did you solve the problem? If so what was it

Cheers Ross