how to remove climate control unit?

Apparently it just pulls out from the top but I have yet to confirm this

The surround of your hazards buttons ect if you have double din just unclips off and then pull the climate unit down and forward at same time with a little force and will just come out easy as that.

You need to remove the radio (if single din ) or radio and switch button panel if two din and then just pull the top towards you. It will hinge out.

any specific locations to pry... dont want to use brute force on the wrong corner and snap a clip. cheers

Which a3 have you got? I have a climate from an 09 unit but still the old stule like this with heated seats options i might be able to sell you depending onthe age of your car

Which a3 have you got? I have a climate from an 09 unit but still the old stule like this with heated seats options i might be able to sell you depending onthe age of your car

2007 2.0tfsi... yeh heated seats as well. is it this one? AUDI A3 CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT HEATED SEATS 8P0820043L | eBay

i want to try a cheaper fix first though:

AUDI CLIMATE AIR CON DISPLAY CONTROL PANEL FAN MOTOR 8P0959101 NEW GENUINE AUDI | eBay

so i will come back to you having failed that but feel free to pm a price in the mean time... because if its a good offer im all for it. cheers

Well i actually bought it with a doubledin cage that i needed, so it will be getting tested to see if its in working order within the next week but the seller assured me it was working perfectly, and it's in perfect condition looks wise.. PM if you're interested i'l sort you a good deal