Got hooked by detailing (pic heavy)

ollie86rn

Reaction score
Hey all,

So been on the forum for a while and slowly i was being caught and reeled in by this detailing bug! Always kept my cars clean before but never to such a detail as i do now or even to some of you guys on here, some lovely cars around.

So last weekend after gathering all my equipment (thanks to JuicyJen for the majority of it) i pulled it all out and set about cleaning her.

Here is what i did in total:

Snow foamed entire car (juicyjen foam, good stuff)
Removed wheels, cleaned with bilberry, iron x, valet pro tar remover and clayed. Finally sealed in with poorboys sealant.
Cleaned and dressed under each wheel arch with aero 303 (great stuff)
Wash car (2 bucket method)
Dried off and then dressed the engine bay (again aero 303)
Clayed entire car (used valet pro tar remover before, not such a fan but did work)
Wash car again (2 bucket method)
Polish using DA with menzerna 203s for heavily marked areas and finished with menzerna 85rd polish
Finally Waxed with collinite 476s (magic stuff)

First time i have done such an extensive detail and also with the DA, just about got the technique towards the end of the day and man was my back killing me :laugh:. I was really impressed using the collinite, again another first using a hard wax but think it worked really well just hope it will last like what i keep hearing. Was also surprised what a deep shine it gave, hopefully you will be able to see in some of my photos.

Unfortunately I forgot to take some photos before but here was the final result (im no photagrapher so please be kind lol)

products.jpg

99.jpg

88.jpg

33.jpg

22.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks for looking :laugh:

Reactions: Ash187
Looks great! What do you use on the interior? Mainly interested in the dash.... I need to stop using pledge lol!

lol yeah i would, i use autoglym vinyl and rubber care spray, used it for years and always been happy with it. On any glass i use fast glass. Ive also got leather seats and use mer leather cleaner although not too happy with it just reluctant to buy anymore untill ive used it up!

Shes looking real nice........good job. I just finished off my mates TTS before it started leathering it down with rain. Didnt have time to get the wax on though. Unpredictable Scottish weather eh:weight_lift2:

Well if you're ever up in Aberdeen and the mood strikes, feel free to get mine nice and shiny too!

Nice work. Its this site that does it. I've always washed my cars but never properly. Now since I've had my a3 and been on here I've spent a small fortune. Actually had a small delivery this morning with some interior bits and a nice smelling wheel wax. Perhaps one day we'll need a detailers anonymous page!

Anyone use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance tyre gel? It smells like strawberry sweets, addictive stuff! :D

Anyone use Meguiars Gold Class Endurance tyre gel? It smells like strawberry sweets, addictive stuff! :D

Yeah i use it too it does smell good

Cheers all the messages, so far this forum has just got me hooked on detailing however i feel some mods coming on :laugh: