Volks AutosBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Anyone remapped a 3.2 V6?

And was it worth it?

I'm not looking for big numbers, just a bit more smoothness and if possible, better MPG!

Anyone with a map able to get more than 280 miles to a full tank?!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Yep I did when I had mine, not worth it all TBH!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

6th Gear

Status
    You won't see much gain for your money so wouldn't be worth it unless you were going mental with it and fitting a blower or maybe two.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

Rarely neutral

Status
    I looked at this when I had a 3.2 and decided the minimal gains Vs what would be £500's worth of petrol simply weren't worth it.

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    I know a guy with a mapped R32 that's around the 290 mark, so there are gains to be made. I think the n/a maps are more about beefing up the mid-range, rather than top end power figures. Should be better for economy too, unless you're caning it.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    I know a guy with a mapped R32 that's around the 290 mark, so there are gains to be made. I think the n/a maps are more about beefing up the mid-range, rather than top end power figures. Should be better for economy too, unless you're caning it.
    How's he got an extra 40 horses from a 3.2 assuming it's an A3 and not a MK4 R32 (then it would be a 50 horses increase), what modifications has he done to it to get that, surely that's not just from a map?
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenUK View Post
    How's he got an extra 40 horses from a 3.2 assuming it's an A3 and not a MK4 R32 (then it would be a 50 horses increase), what modifications has he done to it to get that, surely that's not just from a map?
    It's a MkV R32 with a Milltek and CustomCode map, everything else stock (some carbon trim bits, but doubt they add any power). Exact figure changes for each rolling road, but average about 288bhp, so ~40bhp increase.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Sideways

Status
    The custom code maps are very intriguing. Apparently they're getting good gains on the 3.2 by changing the vvt. They don't have a retailer in the south east though.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

5th Gear

Status

Hi Everyone

Last week when it finally dried up (for an afternoon) we managed to get some numbers from an R32 mk5 running our VVT Attack and DSG software and compare them to a standard tune. We flashed the car back to standard in order to perform the tests. Obviously this setup is the same as an Audi with a 3.2 in it and the figures would be very similar.

The DSG is great for these tests as it executes a perfect (or at least the same) launch every single time and the numbers we were getting back confirmed this.

We are extremely pleased to see that a sub 5 second time is possible with our software and that the real road performance is very noticeable.

Enjoy!

See here:

3.2 V6 VVT Attack + DSG remap = 0-60mph in 4.92 seconds

Neutral

Status
    Would like see ( no offence to custom code) a r32 or a3 3.2 that is owned by a neutral and here their reviews. I have a mate with a manuel r32 who would be interested but close to £500 for a map which as far as I can find no reviews other than what custom code them selfs say, is a little worrying

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil ad9 View Post
    Would like see ( no offence to custom code) a r32 or a3 3.2 that is owned by a neutral and here their reviews. I have a mate with a manuel r32 who would be interested but close to £500 for a map which as far as I can find no reviews other than what custom code them selfs say, is a little worrying
    Have to respect the fact they have gone to a lot of effort to serve this purpose. I think it would be around 900 if you want the VVT attack and DSG software.

I paid 500 for a tdi remap from bluefin, the gains were good, can't expect anything special from a 140 TDI though. I am in two minds over the Custom Code, I will wait a while.
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

Sideways

Status
    I'd be up for giving it a go, if it wasn't a few hours away from me. I'm looking at getting a cat back and remap anyway. Maybe if I speak to them they'll do some kind of deal if they think it'll answer people's fears. Could be worth it from a business point of view.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Have a read of this which i posted following my remap.

3.2 remap, the truth is out !
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Sideways

Status
    Nice write up paddy, makes for an interesting read. I already use momentum, and I was going for a cat back and remap just for noise and drivability. What's your opinion on the vvt attack map? could it really be genuine and getting good gains by changing the valve timing? I suppose there's only 1 way to find out really. And at the end of the day you should get the noise and drivability anyway.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport