Brake warning light AFTER fitting new pads & MOT, no warning with worn pads!

Roady

Reaction score
Website
www.roady.co.uk
Had my '06 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Quattro Sport serviced and MOT'd yesterday. Knew my front pads were **very** worn (tried to change them myself but was sent the wrong parts) so asked the guy to change them aswell.

Previously I hadn't had any warning lights regarding the pads being worn... Nor the rears (which were replaced a month or 2 ago).

Now after the change and MOT my car's warning me that the brake pads are worn! I can clearly see the new pads are fitted correctly and have plenty of tread on them... So my question is:

Can the signal cable/sensor wire be incorrectly plugged in/setup? Giving me a false positive and nothing for a true negative?

I've not checked how Audi works, but generally the wire needs to be earthed (against the disc) for the light to come on. A split pin can bridge them to test the light.

So they can be left unplugged without issue.

Some, work opposite though, I done a jag years ago which put the light on if unplugged.

It's not impossible they messed it up, maybe broke the wire off the pad, or pinched the loom etc.

Take it back, they fitted them, so it's down to them.

Ok thanks Rom

Havn't yet spoke to the guy (will today) and see when he can sort... May sort it myself as driving to the airport saturday and not back for over a week! :D