Number plate lights! What have I done?

OVRA3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just tried to swap over my number plate bulbs with some led canbus ones but they didn't work put the old ones back in and now dis is showing bulbs out in the number plate?? Can't seem to get them to work.. Did a search and it's been said you need to reset on vcds? Is that right????

Annoying.com

Same here mate, I don't think I can return them. Receipt says specially ordered parts cannot be accepted for refund.

Same here mate, I don't think I can return them. Receipt says specially ordered parts cannot be accepted for refund.

Are your old ones working now though? Mine now just show a bulb out? Wonder if it now needs to be reset

where did you buy the replacement led ones?

Dont take this the wrong way but have you turned the bulbs round coz if you've not got them in the correct way they wont work and will throw up a fault. Same thing happened to me and I just spun the round and popped them back in and voila.....working LED's with no faults.

Dont take this the wrong way but have you turned the bulbs round coz if you've not got them in the correct way they wont work and will throw up a fault. Same thing happened to me and I just spun the round and popped them back in and voila.....working LED's with no faults.

Got them from eBay.. The old ones dont work now either just get an error message :-( wonder if I now need to clear the error?

I don't know haven't tried them, I still dead set on getting the new ones to work. I bought mine from bristol audi. You say bulb then LED?

Stupid me......spin the LED round the other way. If its flagged up a fault the car sometimes has the tendancy to isolate the circuit so needs to be cleared before it will work again.

Stupid me......spin the LED round the other way. If its flagged up a fault the car sometimes has the tendancy to isolate the circuit so needs to be cleared before it will work again.

So if I put the old bulbs back in and clear the fault it should work?