Wanted Opinions : Facelift 8p2 or buy 8P3

Lewbo

Reaction score
I currently have a 2008 8p2 s3 fully loaded with every bit of spec i have ever wanted, i have only has the car four months.

I am starting to think that the 8p2 is looking oldish compared to the 8p3.
my thoughts are do i facelift my current 8p2 to the 8p3, i know what this invloves as i have done this before. after selling my old s3 bits i will get alot of my money back so wouldnt be that cost expensive but will then affect my sale when i come to sell in the future.

on the other hand do i sell the 8p2 and buy an 8p3 but if i buy one will want nice spec one and obviously cost alot more doing it this way, and will need to borrow the the difference from the sale of my current s3.

so i am asking what other prople out there would do in my situation i really dont know what to do.

all opinions considered lol

Thanks

I'd spend the cash on other mods to keep you busy. You might decide the 8p3 looks old when the 8v comes out. Or if you're adamant then do the conversion. Surely it won't hurt the resale value that much, and as you say it's perfect spec and only 4 months old to you.

All depends on how badly you want it. I was adamant that I was keeping my 8P2 S3 until the right 8P3 S3 appeared (Estoril Blue) which I couldnt afford anyway but waited for a new Ibis White and I love it.

Tough Choice tbh, some buyers are put of by conversions doesn't matter what pics etc you have of the process. I'd see what deals you could muster up with a few stealers before you take the plunge.

Facelifted or not, I couldn't have gone from your 8P3 (facelifted) to an 8P2, S3 or no S3. How do you feel about the car, do you still love it? You've got buckets etc. Your old front end is worth money, so the overall outlay isn't tooooo bad.

Hi lewis or you could buy my s3 8p3 revo stage 2+ ...So i can buy this...
474c7bcb.jpg

Lol looks like darth vader ,may the force be with you haha...

Oh yes I still love the car, Just want the looks of the 8p3, just but worried about re sale value afterwards, I know I will get most of my money back from old bits so would be far cheaper that way, but it will be missing all little things of 8p3 like white clocks ect I know this can be done but its just more money. Also my bonnet and bumper need painting anyways have stone chips that are annoying me lol. Need to see what price I would get for my 8p2 and how much I would need for right spec 8p3.

Yeh I think it's best to spec it up "Sale Old 8p2" and see if you can afford a 8p3 ....If it can't be done and you want it that bad then do the conversion .....I'll say ...

That's if you really miss the 8p3 look.

Realistically how much does anyone reckon I would get for my 8p2. If I left it as it is not with the buckets and nav ect in, it's only done 40k and is 2008 57 plate, full Audi history full mot and tax and my spec is in my sig.

i say facelift it! i mean how much do you honestly think the conversion is goingot affect it on resale? its not like you are going to be haggled down because you updated the look of it? if anything you will have to wait a little longer for the right person to come but i dont think that will happen either as your S3 is so nicely specced.
it will cost you less to facelift it too... just sell your current s3 front to me to start it off :)

I'd say it's down to spec/mods you have on your current car. If it's a pretty basic one, then I'd say go for an 8P3, but if (like you said) you've got all the spec you want, then go for the facelift.

Well think an going to facelift its much cheaper and I already have the knowledge on how to do it, I already have someone waiting for the bumper and bonnet soon as facelift is done if I do it, I just need to source all the facelift parts now then see how easily I can get them. Then I will decide what I wanna do lol

If the 2.0TfSi I wanted wasn't sold I'd have S3 8P3 complete front end off mine for you, but plans for mine are in the air at the moment so alas.

Good luck with yours though, ultimately its a hell of a lot cheaper even if grabbing bits from TPS new than trading up. There's really only a few hundred quid in it if that parts wise if 2nd hand after you sell your old S3 bits as you know. Then front end spray job, that you sound like you were going to do (minus wings) anyway.

Ash is right, at the end of the day it will just be a case of waiting for the right buyer and resale should be ok.

Keep us posted mate!