Cambelt and CV boot replacement price

sachen

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 06 Sportback 2.0 TDi which is overdue a replacement cambelt. I got the car MOT'd who advised the CV boot also needs replacing as its slightly torn.

Thought I might as well get both changed at the same time... ive been quoted £320 for both cambelt and cv boots with parts - fitted.

Is this a good price or should I be looking around a bit more?

Hi mate, can I ask which garage quoted you that price?

As your from Leicester I'm guessing you have heard of Lion Garage (located on Cobden Street) ? They have quoted me £350 for the cam belt change incl waterpump so £320 sounds like a good price.

Last year Halfords Auto Centres charged £115 all in for the CV boot.
Camebelt by main dealer was £265.00. But I've read norm for TDi engine is around £320 ish

Hi mate, can I ask which garage quoted you that price?

As your from Leicester I'm guessing you have heard of Lion Garage (located on Cobden Street) ? They have quoted me £350 for the cam belt change incl waterpump so £320 sounds like a good price.

I know someone who used to work for Audi but now works independently.

One word of advice, stay away from Lion Garage. Was looking at taking my car there but all ive heard is bad reports about them!

Last year Halfords Auto Centres charged £115 all in for the CV boot.
Camebelt by main dealer was £265.00. But I've read norm for TDi engine is around £320 ish

So £320 including cambelt, water pump and CV boot seems like a decent price for it all then?

does your guy work from home or his own garage??

funny you say that all ive heard is good feedback about lion garage? not used them myself though

I know someone who used to work for Audi but now works independently.

One word of advice, stay away from Lion Garage. Was looking at taking my car there but all ive heard is bad reports about them!

If your mate's working from a garage, PM me his number.

As for Lions, I have been using them for a few years now and haven't had any issues with them although I know a couple of people who have been there and told me they won't be going back, guess you can't please everyone.

Midlands VW charged me 65 quid for a cv boot, which struck me as a good price.

Cambelt and cv boot is crazy cheap at that price.