Voice commands help - SDS

A3_Black_Edition

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been playing around with the car after reading the manual and I can't seem to get the "sds" commands to say anything other than the telephone options. I read that I should be able to change the radio station and set navigation routes etc. If I say help it only says about the phone options, if I say help radio it doesn't do anything!

Am I doing something wrong? The car is brand new with rnse fitted from new.

Is it possible I haven't got those options or haven't got sds at all?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
Si

More than likely you don't have the SDS unit, would explain it only gives help for telephone.
You can check by looking at the settings options in your rns and there ahold be a label that says Speech Dialogue System.

Thanks for your help!

I ordered the car brand new with all the options apart from park assist and mag ride so assumed I had everything? On the hand over the guy said I could change all sorts inc the radio and set sat nav.

Think I best go back to them then!

Cheers,
Si

As per what Danny states, if its not showing SDS in your sound menu's then your rns-e isnt sds compatible, if you want an sds unit, then give me a shout.

As per what Danny states, if its not showing SDS in your sound menu's then your rns-e isnt sds compatible, if you want an sds unit, then give me a shout.

Thanks mate,

I have called Audi as it was meant to be in the car so they should sorted.

If they don't can you pm me the costs?

Cheers,
Si