Plasti dipping

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Just had a look on afew other forums and online about plasti dipping. Next thing to do is plast dip my front splitter black to match the grill and the fog surrounds. Where is the best place to get this stuff and is just like spray painting from a can.

on plastic dip website or off ebay fella !, and yes its just spraying it out of the can

Can this be used to spray fog light surrounds gloss black?... I've never come across this product before, how does it work? I take it you still need to do all the prep work like sanding etc?

no mate no sanding !!!! you just spray it on , once dry it peels off like rubber ! get yourself on dipyourcar.com to watch how they do it fella !

you carnt have it glossy either unless you have your own sprayer . as the glossifier doesnt come in spray can form yet just in a tin . which isnt very clearly stated on site so watch out !. they told me i can paint it on but im worried about brush marks .

Glossifier does indeed come out in spray can format. I have several cans of the stuff in my garage at the moment.

Get the glossifier in the tins and buy several sprayers from Plasti Dip.
Then you can spray it.

I'm about to invest in a spray gun and several tins of different plasti dip products.
I got a set of alloys I want to paint, roof box, roof bars, camper van roof and the GF's car. That bit needs a bit of convincing. lol

If you want plasti dip do permanently attached get their primer and some HCF. You can also mix the paint to get different colours and all sorts.
I can't wait to get playing.
Bring on the Glow in dark!!

you carnt have it glossy either unless you have your own sprayer . as the glossifier doesnt come in spray can form yet just in a tin . which isnt very clearly stated on site so watch out !. they told me i can paint it on but im worried about brush marks .

They told me that too, I tried tested it on a spanner and it just stripped the plastic coat off.
You can fill it into a spray can if you are brave enough.

Aerosol Can refilling (no Idiots Please!) - Science Forums

But I use my fingers quite a lot so I think ill give it a miss.

OP - I have the primer and glossifier unused if you want to buy it, give me a shout.

Also....poundland sell an aerosol trigger for funnilly enough £1. Invaluable for jobs like this.