Dark Headlining

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
After several months of tracking down the ambient lighting stuff and LED module and getting it all bob-on.....the new S3 has dark headlining and the old unit is light grey so looks ****** horrible when fitted - looked ace in the old S3. Question is what is the actual colour of the dark headlining as I am going strip down the interior lighting unit and spray it. Its not black but more like a dark charcoal grey. Any ideas OR has anyone got a dark one that they wanna swap with mine (its got the LED module with x2 red LED's and white LED's for map reading and interior illumination)

Im pretty sure the black lighting modules, grab handless etc were called "soul black"

Plastidip is probably your best option!

Yep thats the one. Had a look on Ebay but none there so may well have to spray the light grey one. See what happens.
Same issue I had then. I ended up sourcing the right colour from the dealer after eBay had nothing for weeks on end.

What is the cost of the part from a dealer?

I was quoted nearly £90 just for the unit without the LED module. The module was nearly £20 from Stoke Audi and then the LED's bulbs x4. So your looking at approx £120 to build it from scratch. I got my unit off Ebay from a forum member. Paid a little bit more than I wanted to but seeing as it was the only one around I got it.