How do I go about removing a scuff / scratch from a Lava grey A3?

clembo

Reaction score
Hello all, hoping you might be able to help.

My 2 year old decided it would be a good idea to ride her trike along the side of her daddies Lava Gray A3 Sportback with her plastic handle bars scrapping what looks to be the top layer coating / laquer of paint leaving a 10 inch mark.

Would any of you wise folk happen to know how I might be able to remove this scuff/scratch? Someone mentioned T-Cut? Never used it before? Would this suit Lava Grey?

It does not appear to be too deep?

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!

Thanks all.

Reactions: k1ano
Hmm, now you've got me thinking? I best go out and check !

If it's plastic i can't see how that would scrape the paint or even the laquer off. It'll most likely be plastic which has trasnferred onto the paintwork from when it scrubbed the car. Use Meguairs Scratch X which can be purchsed from Halfords, it looks like this........

41fBmxm%2BU9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've always used Scratch X to get rid of marks and works great. Put it on the car like you would with wax/polish, leave it for a few mins and then buff it off. When you buff it off apply some pressure to it at the same time. The first coat will definitely make a difference, then keep doing the same thing until it's completely vanished.

And then get someone with an orbital polisher to buff out all the swirl marks you've left when you've cut the scratch out.

Then when you see how clean that part of the car is you might go mad like me and polish the whole car :laugh:

Cheers all ... buffed the paintwork and the scuff came off with very little work needed. Just need to wash the rest of the ruddy car now :)