Where to buy A3 (rear/tail Light's nut)?

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today I found out that my right rear light doesn't have nut, somehow lost... I had never checked before since bought the car...

The left one does have its nut but the right one doesn't?!?

Anyone know where I could possibly buy one? I've looked on eBay but no luck!

Note: The nut I'm talking about has a little plastic tail at the end of it, it's not a screw though... I know it sounds like I'm taking about screw but it's not as I've checked the other one...

a plastic wing nut?
Plastic-Wing-Nut-DIN315-ANSI-.jpg

It's a tube nut and is probably behind the trim panel where a previous owner dropped it and couldn't be ***** to retrieve it!:undwech:

Thanks mate, but not sure what size to buy!?! Any idea!?!

I just need them for my tail lights, 8P1.

Here is the link;

wing plastic nut | eBay

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

It's a tube nut and is probably behind the trim panel where a previous owner dropped it and couldn't be ***** to retrieve it!:undwech:

Yeah you're right, because I dropped a few nuts there myself, it's very disappointed how Audi managed to leave that much room, imagine someone like me with big/long fingers...

Thanks anyway! :)

They are sponsors of this forum and will give you a discount (not that 66p needs a discount)

You will have to pay postage though which will be more than the nut !!!!!!

Ring them and ask to speak to Dave - he will sort you out.

They are sponsors of this forum and will give you a discount (not that 66p needs a discount)

You will have to pay postage though which will be more than the nut !!!!!!

Ring them and ask to speak to Dave - he will sort you out.

Great! Thanks

D'oh! I've drop mine in there, how do I retrieve it? Do I have to remove the bumper? I was thinking of buying another one, but don't want it rattling in there

D'oh! I've drop mine in there, how do I retrieve it? Do I have to remove the bumper? I was thinking of buying another one, but don't want it rattling in there

NO don't buy another one, it's dead easy to take it out, just remove the inner plastic panel of the boot, just grab it pull it towards yourself as standing up, first pull the bottom bit and then upwards, just focus on the bottom bit, no need to be harsh or anything...

then once that's been removed, you can easily look for it...
Most of the time they end up right behind that panel...

Hope you sort it...