Rear bumper diffuser help please

Leon tfsi

Reaction score
Ok I've trawled through loads of past discussions but still not sure where to go from here. I have an 05 2.0 tfsi s line but it doesn't have the s line kit that the newer ones got ie. no rear spoiler, plain front and rear bumpers.
My rear bumper currently is just a bog standard bumper with no black lower trim to it. What I'm hoping is that I can unclip the bottom part of my bumper and simply click the s line lower part in its place?
firstly, is this possible? And secondly where is the best place to get one and what exactly do I need in terms of part numbers etc.
hope someone can help.
Car is sportback by the way. Thanks

Are you sure it's an S-Line? Even the original 8P1's would never come out without a spoiler.

You should find all the info you need in Ads' thread.

I put an sline diffuser on a standard bumper, very awkward to fit because the sline diffuser is slightly bigger, I screwed it in to bumper and the bumper has modelled to diffuser now
c4a96adc.jpg

Thanks I'll have a read through it. Yes definately an s line but no spoiler and rubbish bumpers I'm afraid. S line badges, seats, stearing wheel etc.

So it seems like its easier to swap the whole thing for a new bumper. Is it as simple as unbolt one bumper and bolt on the newer one then? Are their any that won't fit and if so what should I be looking for?
Ill make sure I get one for a sportback but if there's any particular model/year I should be looking for please advise. Thanks again

What year bumper is best looking in everyone's opinions? Looking for one that will just swap straight over but there's loads on eBay of different ages so im trying to narrow it down.