Turbo back exhaust fitted, safe to up boost?

TimJK

Reaction score
Had my car mapped revo stage 1 the other month, settings;

Boost 6
Timing 5
Fueling 9

Already had an itg intake and forge recirc valve fitted before map.

Now I have just fitted a turbo back milltek exhaust.

A friend has an sps switch so wandering if worth upping the boost now the exhaust can flow more. Safe to do so?

Do the fuel pump internals if you havent already.

isn't your fuelling pretty high?

I'm running vpower 99, mapper said that's running spot on but now I've got an exhaust fitted I'm wandering can I play with the boost.

Hpfp is the next thing I want to do the get a stage 2 map.

For now though just wandering what's safe to increase.

did some homework on your fuelling. 9 is normal for high octane.

i think people have tried - boost 6, timing 6, fuelling 9. with positive results.

I think to be honest, the HPFP should be first on everyone's mod list. You don't have to worry about starvation etc.

i think you should leave it as it is, buy the pump internals, then fiddle. last thing you want is it running too lean. and revo has had this problem at stage 1 on some cars.

ps IGNORE STAGE 2. theres very little in stage 1+2. All you need now is the HPFP. stage 2+ is the next stop.

you'll save £50 which can go towards the pump.

Im currently stage 2 shark. I wish I'd just gone straight to stage 2+. it's £100 per upgrade with shark too!! :(

oh if your manual yep, I predict you'll need a new clutch at stage 1 in about 1k time!

intercooler isn't necessary. The edition 30 mk5's originally have a smaller one than ours and upgrade to ours when they go stage 2+. it's perfectly fine. (exactly the same engine as ours) Yes you could twintercooler it. But it's not necessary at all really.

anything above stage 2+ I could understand.