What I've been upto! LOTS of pics!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello ASN Members!

Thought I'd do abit of a long progress thread of what I've been doing since last winter with the car, its been a long old road, but majority of everything is now done! So I was quite happy with the car last year on the Polished A8s, it was looking pretty good!

6977eeaf.jpg

A8s were taken off, and some winter wheels were purchased, 18x8 ET45 TD 1.2s in gunmetal, wearing proper tyres for a change 225/40/18 Falken F452s.

1be3d442.jpg

482e42bd.jpg

69a421ff.jpg

49ce6152.jpg

f7c60185.jpg

After the winters had been sorted, the first thing that I did, was uprated the front brakes. There was nothing wrong with the R8s, they were perfect, perfect pedal, excellent braking. But as soon as Dave Brown starts planting seeds inside your brain, it gets out of hand! There was no the chance of having RS4/R8/Gallardo 8 pots with a good pedal so 8 pots were purchased:

d4a67ad6.jpg

I had them fitted @ KPM Racing in Northampton, guys there are fantastic.

32ae616e.jpg

b8c6e6e4.jpg

71716c46.jpg

Next off the Mrs had a knock and there was some damaged that needed to be fixed!

4b484a3f.jpg

974f7a6e.jpg

The important thing was that she was ok, the car can be fixed.

So the major decision that I came to was that I decided I wanted to update the car, I have plans to keep it for a long time. I didn’t use to like the facelift, the dumbos being one of the main reasons, but the new mirrors are a lot a lot nicer. I think the one car that opened my eyes to the freshness was Ian’s S3.

d27c4bb6.jpg

aa8fbec5.jpg

347226d2.jpg

So it was time for a facelift! So with that in mind, I bought a set of wheels that I had plans to run this year, this picture for me, made my mind up on them!

e207602f.jpg

They are A6 20" Rotors, 20x8.5 ET45, same setup as my old A8s on the front. So I spoke to a contact of mine in Germany and the deal was done!

4d514414.jpg

Tyres were swapped over:

018d4fce.jpg

I trial fitted them:

700c2178.jpg

5141a315.jpg

9adc25f1.jpg

c51aa83a.jpg

I was very happy with these rims, and thought they would complement the facelift perfectly, but someone came in with an offer I couldn't refuse and they were sold! The first part of the facelift was the MY11 mirrors.

ac4cf4a4.jpg

I went for a set of MY11 folding mirrors with auto dimming glass, same as what I ran previously.

8776faeb.jpg

273f012c.jpg

I think the Dumbos were the whole reason why I was put off the facelift! Love the new ones, they fold a lot quieter and the LEDs are great so bright at night. The next thing that popped up was a lad selling a brand new Audi S3 bumper and all grilles.

cd875b66.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: buttons89, MrWhItEwOlF, warren_S5 and 1 other person
I also saw the new wheel & believed I could make it fit, well I knew a man that could.

8193fbbf.jpg

Low & behold, Mr NHN got it working (as you do!) So I sent it to the master (seats were in with MJ)

964be342.jpg

a401a440.jpg

41286926.jpg

118a5d9c.jpg

You can’t really see but the RNS was updated to a glossy one with SDS:

78dc2d76.jpg

Also updated the vents to MY11 ones:

a221314d.jpg

Next up was to start stripping the front end, I had sold bits along the way which helped out massively.

357bfec9.jpg

275f4324.jpg

In the meantime these badboys had turnt up! Brand New Bi-Xenon 8P3 adaptives!

2f84efef.jpg

More work was needed, oil change, gearbox mount, new filter etc. Some progress pics:

3874d05a.jpg

275f4324.jpg

6dc42bae.jpg

9367ffd1.jpg

77c45cdb.jpg

2b029cfe.jpg

One headlight was trial fitted, I was getting closer to seeing what was coming!

574e0d41.jpg

Then I needed Nige’s help in getting it all bolted together as it was due to go into the body shop and also MOT was out of date.

9e86682e.jpg

Like magic, it was bolted on:

fa17f81c.jpg

7c990baa.jpg

6d681bfa.jpg

d57ad824.jpg

Car passed through the MOT & then was off to the bodyshop! I was taking the car to Worthersee, which was for my Stag Do as well, and we were driving, so I needed to think about some new rims, as the clock was ticking. I just remember seeing a new TT today with a 19” RS6 style wheel and thinking, hmmm, a 20”, bit of colour, and that could work! This picture inspired me also:

b0f0c21e.jpg

So now to find a set, easy, a few days later, they turnt up!

50d219bd.jpg

e63d02f5.jpg

They’d come off a 500 mile car, they were like new, so, time for some purple powdercoat once again, some skinny rubber bands and voila:

22d6734e.jpg

430e516c.jpg

54cb9b84.jpg

Reactions: buttons89, pinterovski, dancupra225 and 2 others
Meanwhile the guys in the bodyshop were working wonders!

239fc554.jpg

af49d0fa.jpg

5f634ca6.jpg

8e43a643.jpg

I was now super excited to collect it. Nigel met me there the day of collection (2 days later I was off to Austria), cutting it close as always.

9a76d682.jpg

92ba4566.jpg

I was made up when I saw it! There was still more work to be done, one of my rear bags had decided to collapse so it was safely secured by Nige to get me back to Bristol & then I had to drive to Plush to pick one up, lucky he had one in!

So the day before we left we had our work cut out!

a7da84c4.jpg

Karl was on the case:

b0e7e960.jpg

Bag wasn’t looking good!

c9d0013f.jpg

New one looked fresh!

b35bc90d.jpg

Centre caps & nut covers were then sprayed ready:

5a2cf7fe.jpg

Looked perfect!

6e61787f.jpg

Car was then given a clean, and looked great, I was made up! I’ve just attached all the pics I’ve taken since. I would like to thank Nigel, as without him NONE of this would have happened, his knowledge/help/advice is unreal & unparalleled, cheers again Nige!

5c6aa35f.jpg

5d68a868.jpg

6f18e17a.jpg

85b7e316.jpg

4c526a3a.jpg

932ab10b.jpg

ab94b8d0.jpg

Finally some SLR pics!

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

Thanks for looking/reading, feel free to ask any questions or comment.

Cheers guys

N8

Reactions: RS3dan, MrWhItEwOlF, Navisace and 11 others
epic N8 :wub: :yum: i want to be your friend :anbet:

:laugh: hopefully I'll get some pics up tomorrow

that it N8 :happy:? Could have at least tinted the windows?!

You must be skint now?!

20" rotors are so ruddy awesome, makes my 18" rotors look a little shabby...

Like the black parts before painting, reminded me a little bit of this.....

attachment.php

Well done :thumbsup:

I reckon that's the only colour Audi that could possibly work with them wheels. Before they went on they looked awful. Amazing work. All that done to the car and getting married, business must be good, and it's not hard to see why.

What a car N8! facelift front with those DRL's looks mean! Akoya Silver ftw!

great job done there N8 car looks fresh. love the color of the wheels.

how long did it take to do the face lift? also..... it that downtown salford in the final shots??

this site starting to become addictive and make me spend £££ :laugh:

Did you help Transformers do the robots??

That is some pretty intense dedication there I like the change, very nice!

Wow your car is amazing, love the steering wheel, i have just ordered the old rs5 steering wheel but the new one is definitely nicer ;)

Chris

You have been busy! Now get an RS3 grille on there and the transformation will be complete (for now) :eyebrows:

this is what makes me want an a3 next. you've made a good car even better!!

Nice! I'm pretty sure I saw you driving down well roads some time ago. 20 rotors are just to die for, would they fit 3 door without coilovers?

Lovely :wub:

Just what your car needed! Looks really good and the paint work seems great from the pics. Glad it came out well and your happy with it mate! Excellent updates to the car..... Didn't like dumbo's :nyah:lmao!!

All that work.. Fair play to you fellas:icon_thumright:.. Looks soo fresh now, dude :wub: I love this pic, your colour, at that ride-height makes that front end look properly menacing:rockwoot:

I agree with you on the mirrors too, they look just right now (MY11 ftw!).. And doing the vents properly too! It's the little touches that keep you ahead of the game, baller..:drag:

that looks siiiiiiccckkkk!! great job dude :)

i wanna do that to my a3

I just fell over...speechless...WOW!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELLY!! BTW, some US buckets may be coming my way ;)

Wowwwww!!! Amaazzzzzing!! Love the purple! Gotta have balls 2 do that!

Them TT alloys... 20" where can I get them from!? Loveeeee them!

49d18491.jpg

Wow, Nathan, the car looks totally amazing. I think my favourite part is the wheels, not sure though. I think for the second time in 24 hours im speechless, lol. :) x

amazing work as always n8 , looking lovely, looked amazing with the 20" rotors on it