Tyres for A3 3.2 - Search function used and still clueless!

daver555

Reaction score
So, the fronts on my A3 are almost at the wear indicators and the wear pattern on the FNS is very much on the outermost part so need to replace and get a full alignment setup sorted. I've spent the last hour searching this place and the options seem to be as follows:

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Vredestein Quatrtek (hmm, never had all season tyres except in Canada on a Chevy Silverado!)
Toyo Proxes T1R
Goodyear F1A2 (had these fitted to my last car and stuck with them for over 4 years lol)
Continental ContiSportContact 3 (currently fitted to the car)

The Conti's are pretty good but seem VERY sensitive to pressures and are the obvious choice. Goodyears are a known quantity to me but that would be another easy choice! Are there better tyres that suite the 3.2Q? I don't think I need an out and out sports/performance tyre and 90% of the time I'm taking it easy and just wafting along enjoying the torque. I'm not a trackday person (not 4 wheels anyway :icon_thumright:) and having grip when the weather turns nasty is important to me.

Hopefully there's a few 3.2 owners (old and new) that could give some advice?

I've got Bridgestone potenza s001 on mine. The grip is more than adequate, and they were great in the snow. They've done around 7k now and are still going strong. The only thing I would say is that the rides a little crashy, but that could be the suspension. I won't find out until I try a different tyre.

I went for the FK452's, £109 a corner, but now they are £120 a corner supplied and fitted for me.

CS2/3 get good reviews.

I am not sure what to try myself, my back are 452's and front are PZero Rosso's (worst tyre ever!).

I went for the FK452's, £109 a corner, but now they are £120 a corner supplied and fitted for me.

CS2/3 get good reviews.

I am not sure what to try myself, my back are 452's and front are PZero Rosso's (worst tyre ever!).

Im currently running the FK452's on my BMW, can't really fault them, good amount of grip in dry/wet conditions and they don't hurt wallet when your changing them. What tyre size are you looking for? Those prices seem a little steep for Falkens, camskills are doing the 225/40/18 for £79 but they're out of stock at the moment.

Size as above, I would need them fitted and no one will fit tyres I supply. Otherwise Camskill would save me loads.