Nightmare

Towns

Reaction score
Driving down the A590 in Cumbria at a speed I wont say in my new SB BE 140 and at the last minute saw what I thought was a stick in the middle of the road.

As soon as i went over it the most horrible noises came from underneath the car, i pulled over and saw the following.

underside2.jpg
[/IMG]

underside1.jpg
[/IMG]

I was gutted !!!!!

Luckily Lakeside Audi was only 3 miles down the road so I slowly drove their staring at the warning lights and temperature gauges.

I have got to say those guys were great got it straight up on the ramps checked it all over and told me no further damaged had been caused. (and even recommended not to buy a replacement cover) all free of charge.

Still gutted.

Lucky you mate......could easily of been a brake pipe or something as critical. Is that a rubber seal which is attached to the plastic cover or is that what you hit as it looks like rubber or moulded plastic.

Driving down the A590 in Cumbria at a speed I wont say in my new SB BE 140 and at the last minute saw what I thought was a stick in the middle of the road.

As soon as i went over it the most horrible noises came from underneath the car, i pulled over and saw the following.

underside2.jpg
[/IMG]

My OCD says "change that cover" DO IT!

you drove 3 miles with that dragging on the road!! i'd have just pulled it of and continued driving to my destination

you drove 3 miles with that dragging on the road!! i'd have just pulled it of and continued driving to my destination

Hi I did pull it out but when I put my fingers in the hole I felt the brake pipes and with Audi only 3 miles down the road and so helpful on the phone I thought why not

Ticardio
LOL I know I cannot stop thinking about it I think I will get a price tomorrow

Hi I did pull it out but when I put my fingers in the hole I felt the brake pipes and with Audi only 3 miles down the road and so helpful on the phone I thought why not

Ticardio
LOL I know I cannot stop thinking about it I think I will get a price tomorrow

Get the lube ready as I think you're about to have your pants pulled down by the dealer!

Come on now. It's a bit of plastic that you're hardly (if) ever gonna see. Save your money for something else.

And man up a bit. What happened to common sense? Seems OK to drive? Carry on!

Personally I would replace it, the same thing happened to my golf, it suppresses noise and stops road grime going into the engine bay, for £37 I would sort it.

Lucky escape!

Sounds like good service from the dealer!

Amazing there whole attitude was different from the Stockport branch, even made me a cup of tea, nothing seem like to much trouble even when they took it off the ramps they parked it next to the door so I did not have to walk far, little things I know but make a difference