Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ste_Nova

Thread: Nightmare

Neutral

Status

Nightmare

Driving down the A590 in Cumbria at a speed I wont say in my new SB BE 140 and at the last minute saw what I thought was a stick in the middle of the road.

As soon as i went over it the most horrible noises came from underneath the car, i pulled over and saw the following.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I was gutted !!!!!

Luckily Lakeside Audi was only 3 miles down the road so I slowly drove their staring at the warning lights and temperature gauges.

I have got to say those guys were great got it straight up on the ramps checked it all over and told me no further damaged had been caused. (and even recommended not to buy a replacement cover) all free of charge.

Still gutted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Lucky you mate......could easily of been a brake pipe or something as critical. Is that a rubber seal which is attached to the plastic cover or is that what you hit as it looks like rubber or moulded plastic.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    so what warnings were you getting on the dash then? little confused there as they said no damage?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Ash I think he meant looking at them to see if anything came on.........but alas all was well apart form the cowling.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    ahhh yh that makes sense!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Towns View Post
    Driving down the A590 in Cumbria at a speed I wont say in my new SB BE 140 and at the last minute saw what I thought was a stick in the middle of the road.

As soon as i went over it the most horrible noises came from underneath the car, i pulled over and saw the following.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My OCD says "change that cover" DO IT!

5th Gear

Status
    you drove 3 miles with that dragging on the road!! i'd have just pulled it of and continued driving to my destination
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    you drove 3 miles with that dragging on the road!! i'd have just pulled it of and continued driving to my destination
    Hi I did pull it out but when I put my fingers in the hole I felt the brake pipes and with Audi only 3 miles down the road and so helpful on the phone I thought why not

Ticardio
    LOL I know I cannot stop thinking about it I think I will get a price tomorrow

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Towns View Post
    Hi I did pull it out but when I put my fingers in the hole I felt the brake pipes and with Audi only 3 miles down the road and so helpful on the phone I thought why not

Ticardio
    LOL I know I cannot stop thinking about it I think I will get a price tomorrow
    Get the lube ready as I think you're about to have your pants pulled down by the dealer!

5th Gear

Status
    £37
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Towns likes this.
    VCDS in North Wales

Neutral

Status
    Come on now. It's a bit of plastic that you're hardly (if) ever gonna see. Save your money for something else.

And man up a bit. What happened to common sense? Seems OK to drive? Carry on!

1st Gear

Status
    Personally I would replace it, the same thing happened to my golf, it suppresses noise and stops road grime going into the engine bay, for £37 I would sort it.

Lucky escape!

JS3
    1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like good service from the dealer!

Neutral

Status
    Amazing there whole attitude was different from the Stockport branch, even made me a cup of tea, nothing seem like to much trouble even when they took it off the ramps they parked it next to the door so I did not have to walk far, little things I know but make a difference