Viper Smartstart Remote start Released in the UK - Who's Buying One ?

well thats a wicked result! i will be getting back in contact with Anthony soon enough to discuss my alarm options and remote start capabilities.

Make it quick!

The uk nw has an official distributor and all new stock must be purchased through them meaning Anthony's prices will climb.

Existing stock is at the old price.

i have always been told not to rev hard while the engine is cold or standstill as it damages the turbo

Correct-a-mungo the turbo is oil gravity fed, so for the first few miles the turbo doesnt get much oil feed untill its all up to pressure, by the times its gone round the whole engine.

I really want to like this product as I have seen some of this stuff before but I'm not sure on it.

I live on a slight hill so always park my car in gear as an extra safety caution. I doubt this smart start would work well. Also, the new Audi systems you either have to hold the clutch or brake down for the engine to turnover. How does the system work around this? I know you can disable this through VCDS but I doubt many installers have this?

If you were on a wireless network is it possible for somebody to snoop on the data that was being transmitted and remotely have access to your car?

Dont get me wrong, I love the gadgets and the technology.

Well I've now had the system fitted and can hand on heart say that it is totally awesome!!!

I love it.

Remote start for me is now a must have. I got the smart start option too which allows the iphone to also do the job but I bought that more for the digital tracking side of things than for the remote starting.

It allows me to see where my car is all the time - create a fence around it so that it can't move without me knowing. I can also see its speed at all times and direction - so I know if the dealers are takin the p1ss! (extra benefit I hadn't though of).

for the sake of £600 I would definitely get this for the wife's car (Q5), not sure I'd be jumping to get the smart start side of things again, but the remote start is just brilliant and works seemlessly. Anthony was very confidence inspiring and a really nice guy!

nope, £600 for the alarm and can bus adapter that does remote start from upto 1 mile away - that's enough for my needs really.

£65 for an extra dual zone proximity sensor.
£65 for a tilt sensor too if I want it (not fitted yet).

If you want the smart start that would be another £400 inc a years subscription which is £45/annum.