{Please Help} How much should I expect to pay for a dent repair on passenger door?

Fanboy

An Audi Fanboy
Reaction score
Hi guys, sadly my bro took my car this afternoon for shopping but he had hit the passenger door to one of those parking beams, the ones separators the car parking space...

I haven't taken any actual photos, however will do some tomorrow!
It's about small as a 1.2 to 1.6 inches... nothing major but all the paint is removed, the dent is around the moulding, the mould itself has been scratches and it's paint removed also...

However there is no damage to the main body, it's just the door! and not that big!
Just was wondering how much should I expect paying to pull the dent and repaint it...

Thanks guys and excuse me if I haven't put any pics, I've just come home now and noticed it...
Planning to fix this sometime next week, just by the time I receive my payslip :)

Please advice, I don't want to be ripped off! So really need your help!
By the way I live in West London, Middlesex!

Thanks in advance... :)

Just a quick update, here are the pics, the first three pics is the rear bumper with some deep scratches, but the rest is the passenger door, hope you could clearly see the damage!

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

I hope I could get the door's dent fixed ASAP...

However my plan is to get my exhaust changed, so if you have any experience in the field I appreciate that...

Also want to lower-down the car about 40~60mm, what do you recon!?!

By the way this is 8P1, the one with 2 front grills!

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks, I'll give them a call! But how about the repaint!?! Any idea!

Already tried that, it's totally rubbish.... you can clearly see on the pics that I've already tried them on the rear bumper, the colour looks totally different... thanks anyway...

I just booked for free quote online! Thanks mate! :) How come their website doesn't seem to appear when Googling paint-repair/dent-removal etc. ?!? Anyway hope to hear back from them!

:)

Just buy a touch up paint from audi to save some money. If you take it to garage they will to respray the whole area mate. This will be quite pricy.

I also tried the touch-up paints!

That didn't worked too! I bought off ebay for about 11 pounds which was honestly worthless! n to be honest I've tried all the touch-up paints for different cars but still something doesn't work with touch-up paints, the colours is just different and it would look much worst that it was... honestly

Thanks anyway, anyone have any idea on how much I should be expecting to pay for the area to re-spray!
Cheers

Farzad, My bumper had a few scratches on it. Got quoted £100 for the bumper. So shouldn't cost you mor then £250-£300 to be honest. All the best let us know how u get along!

Farzad, My bumper had a few scratches on it. Got quoted £100 for the bumper. So shouldn't cost you mor then £250-£300 to be honest. All the best let us know how u get along!

Thanks mate, well today I had a few quotes, the cheapest one was £400 for all the rear bumper, passenger door dent/repaint...!
Not sure if that's a reasonable value but considering your quotes it sounds reasonable, however I'll get a few more quotes from different garages and see which one gives me the best result!

By the way I'm thinking of install S3 roof-spoiler, shall I buy one and install it before repaint job or what...
Does it requires any drilling!?!

£400 sounds ok.. Would push them though to £300-350!
i wouldn't know about the roof spoiler.. I only found out what VAG COM was today :p...
If you do come around Leicester anytime soon. PM me there's to guys everyone goes to for bodywork who are quite good.

Farzad, mine is in tomorrow for a big dent and crease on the passenger door. It will need straightening flilling and probabably paint blown in accross all panels on that side, and its costing me £400, roughly speaking its around £110 a panel I believe but depending on the colour you may need it blown into other panels to get it tip top...

OMG! 400 pounds seems much cheaper than the quote I've got!

However why would you need to fill it in, can't you just pull out the dent instead of filling it!?! It doesn't sound professional though!

One of the quotes I had today was to do with filling the dent instead of pulling it out which was about 75 pounds cheaper...

Looking forward to see what you done! As I'm going to get some new quotes tomorrow! The thing is I don't trust these garages... you pay a lot of money and end up with cheap work!

That's why I prefer recommendation from someone who's such expensive job done!

By the way, does anyone know how to respray my alloys to black matte! Originally it's in silver!

Cheers

OMG! 400 pounds seems much cheaper than the quote I've got!

However why would you need to fill it in, can't you just pull out the dent instead of filling it!?! It doesn't sound professional though!

One of the quotes I had today was to do with filling the dent instead of pulling it out which was about 75 pounds cheaper...

Looking forward to see what you done! As I'm going to get some new quotes tomorrow! The thing is I don't trust these garages... you pay a lot of money and end up with cheap work!

That's why I prefer recommendation from someone who's such expensive job done!

By the way, does anyone know how to respray my alloys to black matte! Originally it's in silver!

Cheers

Mine has been pulled out as much as they can see below:

It's either a new door or some filler.. Not got much choice with the filler unless I can find a door.. The body shop is a well recommended one they do all the Aviva repairs and it's a mate of mine so it should be spot on. Will post some pics when I get it back on tuesday. I don't skimp on the car but felt a new door wasn't needed if they can put a touch of filler and do a wicked job on the paint. It's cheap because it's a mate doing the work and I'm just paying for paint really ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Well good luck then... and send some pics later on...

By the way just was wondering where is that garage, coz to be honest everything in London is quite expensive...

Cheers,

If you could show the pics I've taken to the garage and get me a quote that would be wonderful! So at least i know that I'm not getting ripped off!

Thanks

Great! Well good luck then... and send some pics later on...

By the way just was wondering where is that garage, coz to be honest everything in London is quite expensive...

Cheers,

If you could show the pics I've taken to the garage and get me a quote that would be wonderful! So at least i know that I'm not getting ripped off!

Thanks

The garage im off to us solus in Norwich my mate does the panel work there.. I'll show him the pics tomorrow and see what he says in regards to price... 400 seems expensive but they tend to charge a flat rate per panel they have to paint I believe and how many panels depends on how good the sprayer is in getting it blown in right

The garage im off to us solus in Norwich my mate does the panel work there.. I'll show him the pics tomorrow and see what he says in regards to price... 400 seems expensive but they tend to charge a flat rate per panel they have to paint I believe and how many panels depends on how good the sprayer is in getting it blown in right

Great! Thanks mate! :)

Just dropped my car in and Rob had a look at the photos, he said 400 is a good price.. Reason being its a bumper off and full spray, and then the quarter will need a blend because of the colour so you are looking at 3 panels at 120 quid each plus prep pre spray. He said they would probably charge more.. Sorry mate I think 400 is about right

Just dropped my car in and Rob had a look at the photos, he said 400 is a good price.. Reason being its a bumper off and full spray, and then the quarter will need a blend because of the colour so you are looking at 3 panels at 120 quid each plus prep pre spray. He said they would probably charge more.. Sorry mate I think 400 is about right

Thank you so much!

I got a few quotes today and one of them reconed the entire door needs to be repainted as they can't blend it!?! Not sure if this is a right procedure!?! The guy asked for £320!!!

Anyway thank you for the quote and hope you get well with the filling and repaint!

Cheers

Don't forget, depending on size and location of the dent you will need to blend the adjacent panels. I would say about £200 for fred in a shed to do it on the cheap.

But fred in a shed will cut a few corners out of the process in order to keep costs down and probably wont even blend. Be careful, the end result may not be your desired finish.

Nah mate they should always blend apparently even on a new car. I'm sure there are people that know more than me on here for sure. Find someone who knows a good body shop and spend the money. Youll be gutted if it looks **** afterwards.. Had mine been an insurance job my bodyshop would have charged near on 1k it's only because it's a mate that I've got lucky there is a lot of work involved on yours bumper off lights off, prep time and the paint on our cars isnt easy or cheap to mix...

Guess what, the guy refused to do the repaint, he could only pull out the dent for £100!?! Weird! To be honest the dent isn't that much, it's just about the size of a key! Just was wondering whether I could pull it out myself... to me £100 for that little dent is just too much!

Looking to hear from you guys!
Thanks