Problem started tonight... Please help...

v1kkm

Reaction score
Hello, had a bit of a long night. Would appreciate a quick response off anyone on this.

My tracking was out on my A3 so I have had the wheel alignment done however it was close to closing and they tried to do the best they could in the time left. After leaving the garage my steering wheel has to be 45 degrees left to drive straight. Im
getting a full alignment tomorrow.

However on the way home the ESP light has came up on the dash and stays on. Would this be related to the steering??? Or tracking?

Im hoping they haven't ******** something else...

A3 2005 TDI Sport.

Thanks

Hello, had a bit of a long night. Would appreciate a quick response off anyone on this.

My tracking was out on my A3 so I have had the wheel alignment done however it was close to closing and they tried to do the best they could in the time left. After leaving the garage my steering wheel has to be 45 degrees left to drive straight. Im
getting a full alignment tomorrow.

However on the way home the ESP light has came up on the dash and stays on. Would this be related to the steering??? Or tracking?

Im hoping they haven't ******** something else...

A3 2005 TDI Sport.

Thanks
the steering wheel needs to be straight when aligning wheels this is how the car knows if you are driving straight or cornering as you are " turning" all the time the system fails, should be ok once they re track it as long as the wheel is straight

Turns out it was the angle sensor.

Just had a full geometry setup done and all good now. Light didn't go off mind you had to have it reset.

Thanks for the info!