Exhaust back box

Chris93

Reaction score
I am looking at doing the facelift rear bumper but know that my exhaust pipes will be too far into the car so i am looking at solutions. I have found a 2009 tdi exhaust which looks the same as mine but has the pipes further out, my question is are the tdi and petrol exhaust back boxes the same or do i need one specifically for a 2.0 tfsi engine?

Cheers
Chris

(kind of piggyback'ing along on this topic because I may face a similar issue with a 3.2fsi)

Can't you just put some new exhaust tips on it, instead of swapping the exhaust itself? If so, what would be a good choice of tips?

Last edited:
Just do a back box delete, after you get the bumper on. I would love to hear it on a petrol car.

ok, now maybe someone with a more sensible approach?

OK, then maybe I misunderstood by thinking he suggested to remove the muffler, for which I apologize. Can you please elaborated on the suggested solution, what does it entail?

tbh it is a stupid suggestion as i was looking for a solution to the question i asked and i am not going to remove the back box completely so it wasn't helpful!

Chris

any one require a genuine s3 cat? the whole middle exhaust bit is for sale.
thanks

tbh it is a stupid suggestion as i was looking for a solution to the question i asked and i am not going to remove the back box completely so it wasn't helpful!

Chris

Thank you, I feel the same way, hence my initial response.

By doing a backbox delete you can choose how far the pipes come out of the bumper, which does cover your solution that your pipes will be too short. As for the question will a diesel exhaust fit a petrol, im sure its been asked before, use the search feature.

By doing a backbox delete you can choose how far the pipes come out of the bumper, which does cover your solution that your pipes will be too short. As for the question will a diesel exhaust fit a petrol, im sure its been asked before, use the search feature.

try these their worked on mine when i fitted the the different rear bumper (not everybodys taste thou) whttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AUDI-A3-SPORTBACK-2-0-2-0T-EXHAUST-TAILPIPE-TRIM-/280683331023?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415a07bdcf

I agree with Chris here, I have a back box delete on my car and when we were fitting in the straight pipe I had a choice of how far out I wanted it. Not only does it look good, it also sounds good and makes the car a slight bit more responsive.

I know that did not answer your question exactly but it is an alternative suggestion