JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Exhaust back box

I am looking at doing the facelift rear bumper but know that my exhaust pipes will be too far into the car so i am looking at solutions. I have found a 2009 tdi exhaust which looks the same as mine but has the pipes further out, my question is are the tdi and petrol exhaust back boxes the same or do i need one specifically for a 2.0 tfsi engine?

Cheers
    Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    No one knows?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

Neutral

Status
    (kind of piggyback'ing along on this topic because I may face a similar issue with a 3.2fsi)

Can't you just put some new exhaust tips on it, instead of swapping the exhaust itself? If so, what would be a good choice of tips?
    Last edited by Qua3ttro; 23rd May 2012 at 09:00. Reason: typo

1st Gear

Status
    Just do a back box delete, after you get the bumper on. I would love to hear it on a petrol car.
    To do:
    MY11/ S3 Chrome mirrors /Springs / 20" Alloys / Wrap
    Dream plate: B055 KKS One day.

Neutral

Status
    ok, now maybe someone with a more sensible approach?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Qua3ttro View Post
    ok, now maybe someone with a more sensible approach?
    That is a sensible approach... If your going to hi-jack a thread at least listen to the ideas, and not be so rude about it.

Neutral

Status
    OK, then maybe I misunderstood by thinking he suggested to remove the muffler, for which I apologize. Can you please elaborated on the suggested solution, what does it entail?

2nd Gear

Status
    tbh it is a stupid suggestion as i was looking for a solution to the question i asked and i am not going to remove the back box completely so it wasn't helpful!

Chris

Drive it like u stole it

Status
    any one require a genuine s3 cat? the whole middle exhaust bit is for sale.
    thanks

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    tbh it is a stupid suggestion as i was looking for a solution to the question i asked and i am not going to remove the back box completely so it wasn't helpful!

Chris
    Thank you, I feel the same way, hence my initial response.

3rd Gear

Status
    By doing a backbox delete you can choose how far the pipes come out of the bumper, which does cover your solution that your pipes will be too short. As for the question will a diesel exhaust fit a petrol, im sure its been asked before, use the search feature.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.vincent3 View Post
    By doing a backbox delete you can choose how far the pipes come out of the bumper, which does cover your solution that your pipes will be too short. As for the question will a diesel exhaust fit a petrol, im sure its been asked before, use the search feature.
    try these their worked on mine when i fitted the the different rear bumper (not everybodys taste thou) whttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AUDI-A3-SPORTBACK-2-0-2-0T-EXHAUST-TAILPIPE-TRIM-/280683331023?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item415a07bdcf

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.vincent3 View Post
    I agree with Chris here, I have a back box delete on my car and when we were fitting in the straight pipe I had a choice of how far out I wanted it. Not only does it look good, it also sounds good and makes the car a slight bit more responsive.

I know that did not answer your question exactly but it is an alternative suggestion
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread