Number of Stickies

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Any chance of the number of Stickies on this forum being reduced. There are often more stickies than new posts.

​What stickies do you think should be removed?

Yeah, are you not able to put all of them in a subfolder?

not notice that many before but yeah they're taking over :ninja:

They are there for a reason, but i will look into it guys. :) x

LOL i noticed no one reads them anyway!! (Not being sarcy) however it is true but it does annoy me as i do.....its common sense to have a quick browse before compiling a thread?

Search is obviously a bad word, lol. I have a whole pile of things bookmarked these days, saves me time when newbies Ask questions, lol. :)

When i started using forum a lot, after i finally got an A3, not when i joined....

I thought there was very few stickies!
You will never get over the sheer number of people who will ask the same questions over and over. But i cant help but think there should be more stickies, especially for facelifts. 05/08 onto 04 etc, as this seems to be the main repetative question.

I think some is probably down to no one asked for a thread to be sticked, or none are good enough. But im used to (this isnt a dig at the forum at all) other forums, having a lot of in depth stickies, which cover a majority of day to day stuff, brake upgrades, suspension etc.
That said, they are generally car specific, not brand... so have a seperate sub forum for brakes, another for suspension etc, so a few stickies in each sub section, as opposed to a page worth in 1 general section.
The 8P and 8L sections are by far the busiest, i think they warrant it, with 2-3 times more posts than any other section.

Not sure if thats something that would be considered ? Having 1 general 8P section makes it very busy, but hard to really navigate, you have things from error codes, to bodywork, to recalls, to remaps, to RNSE, to brakes, suspension etc all in one huge section. Ive yet to find a decent search feature on any forum :)
Having a few sub sections would reduce stickies on 1 page, but increase overall fell on function of forum, as well as more in depth info to hand.
Ive yet to find much info on brake upgrades. Few threads on S3 upgrades, or generally 'fit S3 brakes' but im sure there are lots of Brembo, Cupra, Porsche conversions etc buried in the depths.

Could definately bin the RS3 sticky, seeing as it has a forum of its own?

And to make the point clearer....and again not a dig at OP..

But for example this thread now bunched in as well :)

You think this site is bad, you wanna see how many stickies you get on your screen when viewing websites like redtube etc. :undwech:

Ok, being serious now... yep I also think there are too many sticky threads on here. The entire screen is full of 'em and you only start seeing normal threads when you scroll down.
Out of the 15 current stickies I reckon only 3 are worth having there.

The suggestion above about putting them all in a subfolder is a good one. Tapatalk does this. In each section you have tabs... one for normal threads, and another one for stickies. The default is the normal threads but if you want to see the stickies then you click on that tab.

OR another suggestion is... have one locked sticky thread called "Stickies" and then moderators can add links to each thread they think should be a sticky in there.
Nice and neat.

Yeah I use Tapatalk, so don't really notice it as much.

A sub thread would help, though over all there should be more stickies in that thread. There's a lot more regular topics, with decent posts about the subject which could be useful.

Also I really think we need sub sections. 25K threads or something is too much for a forum!
In fact I'm going to make a thread !