question about exhaust on my new A3

Sarah28

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just got a quick query about the exhaust on my car, It's a white A3 s-line black editon 2.0ltr TDI, It's only got a single exhaust pipe and ive seen lots of A3's the same as mine with a double one just wondered if anyone knows why some have single and some double? sorry might be a stupid question but I thought they all come the same and double I never got the option and I did buy it brand new in march.

Thanks

Last edited:
Looking at the local Audi dealers website, i can see that the 2012 A3 TDI does indeed have the option of comming with 2 pipes in the left side. You may not have the complete S-Line exterior package. It could also just be an aftermarket muffler or exaust that has been installed.

If like me you have the 2.0 TDi 140PS you will have one exhaust trim whereas the 2.0TDi 170PS will have two trims.

I also have the 140 and want to get a twin tip in the future,it's annoying seeing every single other Audi on the road with twin tips :(

I think this is Audi's way of making the 170 more superior to the 140 as there is no other difference

Reactions: Sarah28
there are 2 engine power outputs of the 2lt tdi the 140 single exhaust and the higher powered 170 twin exhaust

Reactions: Sarah28
Sorry late reply, internet is being a nightmare...

That must be it then as mine is 140 also..thanks everyone, Just didnt get why they were different, My last A3 which was a 56 plate and that a had twin pipe so I was a little confused...x

I didnt get this option but I chose everything else, I didnt think you could opt for part S-line equipment, it was all or nothing :-/

I wouldnt like to think anything is aftermarket on it!! x

Mine is the same Sarah did you manage to get any ideas of how to get a twin instead of the single?

I have a 140 bhp and came with a double exhaust, so must have been an option.

Thanks that sad to hear. I have just purchased the 140bhp black edition 2.0 TDI and it came with single exhaust just wondered the best way to convert to a double,would it be a welded tip? would be grateful of any advice can;t find the black edition thread.