Brand new 8P3 S3 servcing intervals

RYes3

Reaction score
Hi,

Just bought the above and have signed up to the Audi service plan. Originally I recall the dealer telling me that the first service is due at 19K. I received my service plan documents today and they show the first due at 15K.

Firstly am I really looking at 15-19K miles before a service?? Seems a lot on a new car does it not?

I am guessing the service interval structure may be as complex as Microsoft's licencing program by the looks of it!

Any advice as to service/maintenance schedules would be appreciated.

I did search the forums but I found a lot of unanswered/conflicting threads.

Sounds like your on the longlife service schedule which works out at most 19k miles/2 years depending how you drive. If you want the best from your engine you should really have it on the fixed service schedule 10k miles/1 year.

Aah ok, is that the schedule with the intermediate and full services every other year?

Thanks for your help.

I have a new A3 2.0TDI-170 and will use the 'Longlife' related service intervals. This is my 8th A3 and I have used the 'Longlife' based service interval on all of them and none have given any problems at all. If you do more than 10k miles a year it is the better option. The modern longlife oil that is used is designed for the longer change interval. Mine usually indicates a service is due at around 18-19k. I currently do around 14-15k a year so my A3 is serviced every 18 months. The regular interval servicing is designed for cars that do a low mileage and lots of short journeys.

Interesting, I mainly do short low milage journeys so it may be for the best to move to regular servicing.

Thanks for the help.

believe there are 2 service plans, an annual one fixed and a longlife one my 61 plate is on the longlife plan every 2 years or 19000 miles the choice of plan is programmed by audi depending on driving style and mileage you can check what plan your on and how long to service by pressing the right hand milage reset button i think, but it is in the manual exactly how to do it, gives miles to go or days to go for service