8p s3 alarm not activating???

Lil ad9

Reaction score
Only rrecently noticed this and not sure if I'm being a fool, but the alarm on my car does not seem to operate . Ad when I lock my car car the side lights only flash once where as in the manuel it says they should flash rapidly for about 30seconds. I have the disable buttons on the driver door and the flashing diode in the car and was ttold it had an alarm when purchased.it some thing I had thought about till recently but the alarm does not seem to work

Any ideas

every time you lock the car it's supposed to flash the hazards for 30 secs? that's not right.

once for lock

twice for unlock.

As far as I'm aware. after setting the alarm. ie locking the car. there is a period of time say 1 min where the alarm isn't armed fully.

Try leaving the windows down, then waiting. then flap around through the window etc.

Lock it with drivers window down, wait a minute or two then pop the bonnet and open it.

Either the interior sensors or the bonnet sensor should set it off.

Takes 30sec for the car to go to sleep and then to activate alarm mode.

It shouldn't flash rapidly on lock. it should be how others have stated.

Thanks for te help , it's working fine . I just dust have the patience , and in the hand book it says the lights will will flash for 30 secs which they didn't but no worries tried te window down leave for to mins then wave hand in and alarm went off thanks a lot peeps .

Save making a new thread....

On an 04, should the LED be in the dash, up by centre speaker ?
Never noticed it, even looked the other day. Not tested the alarm, but locking etc works fine.
Also have the Tilt / Interior sensor buttons on the drivers door, so assume it has an alarm.

Thanks for te help , it's working fine . I just dust have the patience , and in the hand book it says the lights will will flash for 30 secs which they didn't but no worries tried te window down leave for to mins then wave hand in and alarm went off thanks a lot peeps .

The hazards will flash for 30 seconds when the alarm has been triggered along with the siren and then stop....

Save making a new thread....

On an 04, should the LED be in the dash, up by centre speaker ?
Never noticed it, even looked the other day. Not tested the alarm, but locking etc works fine.
Also have the Tilt / Interior sensor buttons on the drivers door, so assume it has an alarm.

It's in the drivers side raised black plastic bit next to the speaker. Only look at night though as it's not very bright at all. They should of put in the doors like the B6 A4 in my opinion....