EM TuningVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Fuel needle question?

Hi,

Today I put in £15 just for the 90 mile journey and I was going to fill up later on that day or in a couple of days as the car wasn't really going to be used.

Anyway, I filled up for the second time on my return putting in £30. I pulled up at the pump, and the start-stop came in. My brother was in so I just jumped out put fuel in and paid. However, I started the car back up and the needle hadn't moved? I still had the fuel light on?

As I was driving the fuel needle was creeping up the slightest bit, and the fuel light went off? After hours being sat on the drive, I checked if it had reset.. it showing as if there is about £15 has been put in?

Has anyone experienced this before?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Heaven

Status
    It's because you basically refuelled while waiting at traffic lights rather than shutting the car down and removing the keys from the ignition. You should always turn the car off completely when refuelling... Everything will reset then to the new fuel level.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Yep had his before and the reason was what audicruiser said. Take the keys out of the ignition when you refuel and everything should be sweet.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    Ohh okay! Thanks guys, much appreciated!
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals