Swap anybody??

marwayg

Reaction score
Hi, anybody interested in a swap for my black painted alloys x4 for the original silver ones???????

(no scratches or scuffs on them)

jil15x.jpg

If anybody is interested in a swap please let me know, as i will arrange meeting up and getting them swapped :)

(would save you the cost of getting them proffessionally painted as i have had them done)

Hi, anybody interested in a swap for my black painted alloys x4 for the original silver ones???????

(no scratches or scuffs on them)

jil15x.jpg

If anybody is interested in a swap please let me know, as i will arrange meeting up and getting them swapped :)

(would save you the cost of getting them proffessionally painted as i have had them done)

I have a set of silver with a few marks on. If your interested pm me.

* this deal will only last for a week. After that, i am going to pay to get them refurbed back to original colour *

I wouldn't go and get them painted as that will cost a fortune for them to just spray "alloy silver" as you probably wont know the difference. I personally like the different colour look but not black if that makes sense lol I would suggest if you dont swap them is to just spray them yourself. All you neeed to do probably as I dont see no marks is just mask the tyre part and give it 4-5 coats of silver alloy spray (making sure the first to coats are really light as to not make bubbles or drips appear) then the same with a clear coat and you probably get just a good job as a professional doing it and save yourself alot of money as well if you was going to get charged £150 just for a simple colour swap as im sure you can get Audi Silver Alloy spray from Halfords for like 14quid a can so if you got 4 cans of silver for £56 and same for clear coat which would be over kill really you would save yourself £38 and thats using expensive halfords.

I done my own wheels using custom made LAVA GREY spray paint which cost me 16quid each and I only used 2cans with NO clear coat as I thought they looked fine and they came out amazing in my opinion. Also just to have something more unique but I think yours would get alot better rep if you also had the centres and wheel nut covers painted to match which you could probably do yourself for even cheaper than just respraying them silver, just a quick thought thats all.

168dx.jpg

I wish you all the best in the sell of your car and if I had the money and space I would buy your car just to get the AWD system and engine so I could fit it in my own car :D but right now I have a house to worry about more than mods for cars haha

MrWhItEwOlF

LOL cheeeersss!! wiked reply!! thing is, i dont think they respray them to original colour, i think they just take the black paint off i believe.
What conditions did you use to paint ur alloys yourself? did u take one wheel off and do it one at a time in a dust free room?
Very very interesting what you have achieved for less than £50! :) good on you!!