Custom map on RR vs Stage 2 map

~RS~

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on a stage 2 hybrid turbo after mine went pop, as a few of you will know.....

I have a Vswitch from Veizu, think they are the same as chippeduk pretty much. It's the same box all the tuners sell that holds multiple maps.

After a chat with a Veizu sales rep I was told that a custom map on the RR would be £200+vat or I could get a 'Stage 2' map sent to me for £100+vat.

Is it worth traveling up there for them to map the car on the RR? It's a 4hr round trip, guess the drive back might be fun :eyebrows: or should I just get them to email me the 'Stage 2 map'?

If you go ....Holla @ me ......I'm on going up there with u ...lol:eyebrows:

woah woah wait there!!! I had Viezu stage 1 and even the dealer I got it from says they don't work properly!!!!

It was the worst map I've ever experienced. they changed their name for a reason. So many bad reviews!!!

Oh man!! That's not good to hear.

Cheers for that post mjr901, I'll look into different tuners if that's the case!

I'll have to look at some others then... Do you know the difference between custom map done on RR and regular stage 2 map?

I've just been on youtube, as you do :) and seen Veizu's premises and the cars they have tuned... Are they really that bad at tuning?

They seem to get some really high end cars passing through... I ask as most places I've spoken to about custom maps with are looking for £500. Veizu say as I was am a customer they would do the custom map on RR with before and after runs for £200.... That's too much of a big price difference for me not to take note. If they're just generally not good at what they do why are they getting such high end cars coming through their workshop...... confused.com:shrug:

One of their vids...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell you can always get your money back if its a bad map afterall.

Worth a punt for that money, at least its RR'd and fine tuned. Go for it buddy! Would like to know how it fairs please! :)

That's what I'm thinking mate for that it's worth a shot.

If it's custom surely I can spec a smooth power increase with no torque spike! Max torque to be under DSG limits as well, I'm a real newb to this and am kinda flapping about in the deep end but I read that these things help with flywheel and clutch wear.

Well by next friday I should have it done all going well, I'll post up the graphs here for analysis as I said I'm sh**te with this stuff.

Here's what their map (performance) looked like on AMD's RR.... Fella there said it was good?!?

RRprintout-1.jpg

Last edited:
there's no denying there a big company with loads of people happy.

I have just been one of those unfortunate ones with a crappy generic map.

Im not having much luck with any maps at the moment!!

If it all works out well for you I'd be keen to see what deals they can do for me, as its stage 2+ time soon and Im very undecided on a tuner.

Has their customer support been good?

I dunno there are so many mappers out there and many of them well versed with these engines we are running (both TDi & TFSi).

I been speaking to a fella named Simon up there and he seems like a cool guy on the phone. We'll see what it's like if I do end up going with them. It's booked in for June as they have nothing available until then, but I'm not sure that my car will be running good with the hybrid turbo and performance or economy map until then.... that guy simon seems to think it will be fine.

Just take it easy and try to avoid too much boost and you should be fine.

As for viesu, I had a chippedUK st3 box, with generic performance and economy maps, ran it for 3 years / 45k and never had a problem with it. Was a great wee thing.

Presumably you'll be able to store your custom map in the box too so you can put on different maps if you wish? I would ask them, and see if they can get you a custom economy, or "standard" map that will work with the turbo, for when you put it in for servicing and such.

xs2man, I was running the map posted in the graph for about a year and a half up until my turbo went.

They said that they I could store the map on the box in vswitch aka st3 aka alientech controller. Good idea about the second 'service' map. I'll have a word with them about that.

Thanks for posting your experience with them