Anyone with a remapped 3.2

Jason-3.2

Reaction score
What do you have and was it worth it? Interested in hearing from those who have it mapped. Not interested in peak power increases , i'm well aware remaps are best suited to turbo cars.

I spoke to quantum tuning, he said don't bother.
I spoke to Superchips and they say I will notice the difference in throttle response and delivery, they need to fit an acutual chip into the ecu which I thought was strange, sounds like old school tech for a cosworth.
Have AmD and a Revo dealer not far.

Thanks.

Right due to lack of patience, i've taken the plunge! Car is booked in for a Revo map a week saturday. The Revo dealer near me has price matched Superchips at £250 all in. I'll report back on any differences it makes.

Not yet, but I'm waiting on a milltek price from w8. I'm either going stage 1 shark or Amd Essex, haven't decided yet. I'm doing it purely for drivability and to amplify the lovely noise. I'm not expecting any amazing power. I will do before and after videos though and post up my findings. I think some of the boys that used to have 3.2's may have had them mapped before but I haven't read any solid reviews.

Paddy did a good write up ages ago. basically now power increase what so ever, but sharper throttle response and drivability.

Please report back anyway as always nice to hear several opinions

hi
nice to find this thread, as I am contemplating the same! However, I will prob also go for the K&N 57 genII and the Milltek. Would be nice to see people's findings.
Most likely i will do a before and after rolling road so will post figures once done. will have to wait a little while for the funds though... During the summer though.

thanks

rgds robert

Not sure about the gen 2 but people tend to steer clear of the k&n filters because they're oiled and it can ruin the maf. I've gone for a pipercross panel filter and a cold air feed. There's a few threads on here that question the need for anything other than the standard filter changed regularly.

that's right. thats been a bit on my mind with the K&N's. saw the other threads aswell. seen some nice carbon replacement intakes aswell for the R32. maybe i'll try and fabricate something myself!

did you get a price yet for the Milltek? cheapest i founf was around £510 posted.

rgds robert

I've been looking at fitted prices, don't really fancy the hassle. But that sounds quite cheap. Have you seen the custom code vvt attack map? They're quoting some serious gains for the 3.2.

changing the exhaust is about the limit for my abilities!

i did see the custom code vvt film in the other thread. does look good. just a bit too far for me (Scotland)

got a local performance garage here (preparing a good couple of Time Attack cars) who i will have a chat with to see what they can do.

r