Bye Bye V50 .... Hello Black Edition Tdi (170)

amr79

Reaction score
After 5yrs it was time to change the company car. My Volvo V50 2.0 Diesel Sport had served me well all the way to 90,000 miles, we suffered a few set backs in the final year but I have to say it always got me home. I will miss the keyless drive, but its a sacrifice worth making. So far done 155 miles in the Audi, had fun on the M1/A1 yesterday the DRL's dont waste time in moving traffic out of the way! or was it me flashing those infront when trying to engage the cruise control........
:jump:
DSCF2873.jpg

After a 16 week wait the replacement was finally delivered. A Phantom Black A3 Sportback 170 diesel with heated seats and cruise control.

DSCF2877.jpg

Side views

DSCF2876.jpg

DSCF2878.jpg

Rear views

DSCF2875.jpg

DSCF2879.jpg

and finally the interior

DSCF2872.jpg

DSCF2881.jpg

V50 is a nice car m8, i went through a phase last year of wanting the
r design sporty one, but i stuck with the a3, your new car looks really nice

After 5yrs it was time to change the company car. My Volvo V50 2.0 Diesel Sport had served me well all the way to 90,000 miles, we suffered a few set backs in the final year but I have to say it always got me home. I will miss the keyless drive, but its a sacrifice worth making. So far done 155 miles in the Audi, had fun on the M1/A1 yesterday the DRL's dont waste time in moving traffic out of the way! or was it me flashing those infront when trying to engage the cruise control........

After a 16 week wait the replacement was finally delivered. A Phantom Black A3 Sportback 170 diesel with heated seats and cruise control.

Side views

Rear views

and finally the interior

DSCF2872.jpg

I bet your going to miss them Cup Holders thou.....:eyebrows:

Such a good job on the exterior of the V70 - then they spend ten minutes designing the interior. Nice new motor mate and an interior that's actually been designed.
DSCF2872.jpg

Lovely mate. Hopefully have something very similar arriving in three weeks..

DSCF2877.jpg

Hartlepool Marina?

Looks like my old offices in the background.

Nice choice BTW:icon_thumright:

V50 is a nice car m8, i went through a phase last year of wanting the
r design sporty one, but i stuck with the a3, your new car looks really nice

Thanks m8. Yes the V50 was a solid car, only thing that let it down was the MPG. Even if I drove it with Miss Daisy in the back the best I got was 43 mpg. Averaged around 38 mpg which is poor for a diesel.

I bet your going to miss them Cup Holders thou.....:eyebrows:

I will miss the child booster seats even more. I had the family pack fitted from new the outer rear seats lifted up for youngsters. The keyless drive was also great.

Hartlepool? Nice to see a few locals on the site

Yes my man you guessed right, good old Hartlepool. Parked near Marina during the day (the 9 to 5) then Thai Pan (wife's business) during nights. No rest for the wicked!!

Yes your guess is right, its the Marina alright. So your ex Garlands?

No mate, the company I worked for took the top floor in one of the refurbed Garlands offices last year.
Not a bad spot actually.

Thanks Si, not long for your fully spec'd model. What was the final cost of yours, must be near £30k?

Tomorrow mate! It was 30 mate yeah, would have been nearly cheaper to get the S3 but I can't justify the fuel cost anymore... :(

How is it after a week?

Cheers,
Si

I took the same route V50 R-Design with the 2.4 D5 lump, great sound, brilliant car, tons of oomph.
Here it is the morning it departed, back on dated number plates. I really miss the torquey five cylinder but don't miss the vague handling or horrendous custommer care.

22f928b3.jpg

Oh I miss the bendy xenons too which was an £900 option on top of the xenons I had ordered. So was chuffed when salesman said they wouldn't cost me a penny.

Did I mention the logical mirrors that DO fold upon locking!!!

Last edited:
Tomorrow mate! It was 30 mate yeah, would have been nearly cheaper to get the S3 but I can't justify the fuel cost anymore... :(

How is it after a week?

Im lovin it Si. It's so much better than my old car. I wold hav filled up the Volvo by now, but the A3 still has another 150 miles to go yet!

It's collection day for you!!! Enjoy.

How is it after a week?

Im lovin it Si. It's so much better than my old car. I wold hav filled up the Volvo by now, but the A3 still has another 150 miles to go yet!

It's collection day for you!!! Enjoy.

Thats good news mate! Today is the day and I am like a kid in a sweet shop! Lol

Will put some pics up later if I can tear myself away from her!

Cheers,
Si