Kerbed my wheels :(

dzTT

Reaction score
Well in the space of 12 hours last week I managed to kerb my front in the morning then the rears in the afternoon :( was just one of those days. the rears are the worse out of the two but they are both on the passanger side so I dont notice it everyday but when I come to washing the car I seen it again and it annoied the hell out of me haha.

Ive heard chips-away can do wheels but a bit cautious as I've never used them myself and the wheels are the matt anthracite Black Edition ones so not sure if they will even be able to repair them.

Any one had experience of them or can recommend me any others?

Cheers

Dazz

hi m8, a friend of mines has a wheel refurb shop in greenock, not that far away from you, his refurbs are excellent and his prices are too, give bernie a call on 07983 729543 tell him callum gave you the number.

cal

Just crack on regardless when it comes to parking etc because i find the more i worry about curbing the wheels then the more i do it. If i just blitz the car into a parallel park without worrying 9 times out of 10 i don't come close to curbing them (obviously still close enough to the curb).

Got my wheels powder coated 6 month ago and still curb free! (You watch i'll curb the **** out of them tonight).

Reactions: _G_
yeh ive used to chips away over the last 7 years or so on about 5 cars... and its always cheaper if u pay cash... if the wheel needs to come off then sometimes they have their own garage depending on the area... otherwise its cost effective to remove the wheel yourself. ive given up... ive got light kerbing all round but i only ever repaired it if it was worth it and i was selling the car on. otherwise... i once used a hellfrauds diy kit.. and did all four wheels myself in under 3 hours!

Well in the space of 12 hours last week I managed to kerb my front in the morning then the rears in the afternoon :( was just one of those days. the rears are the worse out of the two but they are both on the passanger side so I dont notice it everyday but when I come to washing the car I seen it again and it annoied the hell out of me haha.

Ive heard chips-away can do wheels but a bit cautious as I've never used them myself and the wheels are the matt anthracite Black Edition ones so not sure if they will even be able to repair them.

Any one had experience of them or can recommend me any others?

Cheers

Dazz

Kowalski Detailing!!

Are they the anthracite/gun metal coloured wheels? Satin finish?

If so you'll have to get the whole wheel painted as you'll never get a good match for the satin lacquer which is used

I only know this because I had a set painted in the same finish recently. Paint code is L8AU for reference. Not familiar with any refurb companies over your direction so I can't help you with that unfortunately!

Good luck getting them sorted

thanks folks, ill keep that in mind. I'm still trying to decide whether its annoying enough to go get them done or whether I just leave it (trying to save for a house at the same time so priorities are kinda else where). i might see if i can get some sort of touch up stuff to take the whiteness off the kerbed bit so its at least dulled down a bit.

Cheers

Dazz

The wife has just come back from the shop mortified that she's just kerbed the rear wheel on her black edition - right outside the house!. Anyone know of anywhere in Norfolk where it can be fixed?

Last edited:
The wife has just come back from the shop mortified that she's just curbed the rear wheel on her black edition - right outside the house!. Anyone know of anywhere in Norfolk where it can be fixed?

I am Norwich based mate, guy called tony on hall road autocare Norfolk just bumped the front of mine tonight :-(

Ah not good. Much damage? Have you seen any work he has done on black edition wheels? Thanks

This is the reason why I havent changed my wheel from 17 to 18 cause I am scared of kerbing them.

Ah not good. Much damage? Have you seen any work he has done on black edition wheels? Thanks

No just a slight crack in the paint thank god, its going in for some other bits next week as my mate is a sprayer thank god so he will sort it while its there... In regards to the work they do not seen any work on Audi wheels but I know a couple of people who have been really happy with their work... Just pop down there with it and let him have a look...