What is my car worth?? Answers on a postcard...

PhilM81

Quattro, bring on the SNOW!
Reaction score
Gents and Ladies,

Got myself a new job (starting in July, currently on notice), and the company car policy states 4door diesel cars, thus my 3dr may have to go... (not sure how strict they will be!).

Only had it since Dec'11 and spent a good amount getting it to a sound condition.

I have searched on the Autotrader to get a value but cant find many 3dr diesel s-line quattro's about. Thus I have come to the experts... YOU!

Details:

Audi A3 TDI 170 Quattro S-Line Exclusive Ed

• MY2007, 57 Plate, Registered Dec 2007
  • Full Audi Main Dealer Service History
  • 58000 Miles (will go up slightly due to day to day use)
  • MOT to Nov 12
  • Tax to 31[SUP]st[/SUP] Dec 12
  • Maintained regardless of cost
Spec:
  • Phantom black pearl paint
  • 6-speed manual
  • Full S-Line Specification
  • Black Optic Pack (front grill surround & rear spoiler)
  • Full black leather S-Line interior with front centre arm rest and three rear head rests.
  • Climate control dual zone air conditioning
  • Audi RNS-E factory fit DVD Sat-Nav, with SD card support (4Gb card supplied)
  • CD 6 changer in glove box.
  • Upgraded OEM speaker system.
  • OEM Bluetooth fitted for phone connection.
  • Multi-function steering wheel.
  • OEM Privacy Glass.
  • Interior Light Pack; front footwells, puddle lights, warning lights.
  • Remote central locking.
  • Rear sun blind
  • Front fog lights.
Additions to Original Specification
  • Alloys, 18” aftermarket RS3 matt black + polished steel, In need of refurb - may change prior to sale
  • Tyres, 4 new Continentals, front Nov’11 and back Mar'12, good tread all round.
  • MY2011 OEM rear lights upgrade
  • LED light upgrade throughout + LED side lights + black side repeaters
  • Bright white Phillips head lights.
  • Model deletion to rear
Recent Work/Service
  • Full Service inc Haldex oilCarried out in Dec ’11 - Main Dealer, next due ~11000miles
  • Oil & Filters changed in May'12, next due ~10000miles.
  • Brake fluid change in Jan'12.
  • New front and rear brake pads in Jan’12.
  • New OEM turbo fitted by Audi main dealer in Dec’11, carries 2years Audi warranty.
  • Four new injectors fitted by Audi main dealer in Dec’11 as part of model recall.
  • New DPF & Exhaust sensor fitted in Jan’12 along with full DPF regeneration.
  • Suspension upgraded in Feb’12 to Eibach Pro Kit along with new front shockers and mounts.
Paint work needs a bit of TLC, some stone chips on front bumps and hair line scratches on some panels due to normal wear - I aim to get this sorted too.
They is slight vibration in the front right wheel when turning left which I am sorting at Audi.

Let me know what you think is a fair price! No silly 50p and a bag of scratchings comments! :)

Last edited:
Cant be too much help but before I went for a new one I was looking at 2007 black ed A3 170's and they were a lot more than £10k, around £16k at least.

are you sure mate? 16k sounds like 8P3 money!

here are some other 3 door examples. yes they do not match the same spec but it gives you a rough idea of a price bracket, the 8P3 at £14k and the lower mileage 8P2 at £12k

Quicks Sunderland : AUDI A3 2.0 TDI Sport 3dr

Belgrave Motor Company : Audi A3 TDI S Line

here is one from Auto trader - 3dr s-line 170

AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 170 S LINE 3DR S TRONIC Hatchback for sale in Dalkeith | Auto Trader

just trying to give you a rough price... looks like £11k-£12k

Can't find the Exclusive on CAP, but the 170 Q S-line retails at £10,595. A dealer will add on a bit for the sat nav etc, but probably won't pay extra for it. If you traded it in, expect c£9k. As suggested, you should sell off the wheels and lights separately tho.

Thanks for the comments. When I come to sell, think I will advertise for £12500 and expect to get knocked down.

id expect 12500 i payed 11800 for an 06 3 door 2.0 tdi s line quattro with with 38000 on the clock

FOR SALE!

Audi A3 TDI 170 Quattro S-Line Exclusive Ed | eBay

IMG_1376.JPG

I'd say that was priced about right, and it's a nice looking car!

Reactions: PhilM81
I would say its because it priced too high, 6 months ago I sold my ibis white a3 s line 57 reg, 2.0 Tfsi s-tronic 47k miles, FSH fully loaded with nav, Bose, two tone leather, xenons, ect and it had also had the 2011 s3 facelift and I only sold that for £11k. HPI clear too.