LHD Bixenons

Nope hes gone again. There was a reason for his ban. Lets hope this isnt a recurring cycle!

G'day Sarah - hope all ok

I have a feeling he will come back again !

Anyway 26C here so back to the garden, this time last week it was 8C. Take care.

p.s. did you get your second cooler ?

Hiya Mike. Alls good thanks, hope you are ok too. Glad its warming up for you. Its great when the suns out. Sadly its cooler in the evenings here now but the days are still good (for now lol)

No didnt get it in the end as Audi dont sell it here! Think what I have is sufficient, fingers crossed anyway.

lol. A perfectly legitimate thread had been posted and degenerated because people think everything on an AUDI is done via the ODBII port or the VAG police will knock on the door if someone dared doing anything harmful to an OEM headlight. I think under the circumstances 16vt replies were fairly restrained.

I'm still interested in a response from TimJK with regards to why the headlights can't be adapted. It's no use saying "they can't" and not explaining why; as has been exposed in this thread, too many people say "no" when they actually have no real experience of what they're talking about and just cause confusion. I think it would help people who don't mind doing genuine DIY mods.

Reactions: shady-ninja
i have to agree with you.
i really hate when people blindly criticize an somthing
having not had a first hand experience.
i have cracked open and installed LEDs in aftermarket
headlights 3 times by sticking them in an oven.
i also changed the beam fro LHD to RHD.
this is an example of what ive done in the pic below.
i did it in the year 2006.
laptop046.jpg

laptop047.jpg

laptop058.jpg

lol. A perfectly legitimate thread had been posted and degenerated because people think everything on an AUDI is done via the ODBII port or the VAG police will knock on the door if someone dared doing anything harmful to an OEM headlight. I think under the circumstances 16vt replies were fairly restrained.

I'm still interested in a response from TimJK with regards to why the headlights can't be adapted. It's no use saying "they can't" and not explaining why; as has been exposed in this thread, too many people say "no" when they actually have no real experience of what they're talking about and just cause confusion. I think it would help people who don't mind doing genuine DIY mods.

Last edited:
are you talking from a previous failed attempt or is just hearsay/chinese whispers?

I got sent a set when "buying rhd" ones.

Control unit will error if in the wrong position even if you were to butcher them the other way round. I worked fr Audi for 5 years and searched every possible way to make them work

thanks for the reply.
by the way did you butcher yours and flip the lense of fabricate the lense?
I got sent a set when "buying rhd" ones.

Control unit will error if in the wrong position even if you were to butcher them the other way round. I worked fr Audi for 5 years and searched every possible way to make them work

that was quite cheeky of the seller inless he never tested them.
so i'll take it that you never attempted to convert them to LHD?
I returned mine to the con artist who sold me them I correctly and bought from a trusted seller on here

Ill take it he never had it in bits.
i really need someone to show us
or at least tell us what first hand experience
they have had in converting LHD TO RHD or just
fitting LHD for long term use on a RHD A3 8p.