Retro-fitting fog lights

benw123

Reaction score
I'm considering retro-fitting genuine Audi front fog lights to my Sportback SE. Has anyone done this before?

Fitting in theory should be straightforward enough, but what about the wiring - is the fog light circuit already in place? If it is, will I just need the lights and an Audi light switch for inside the car?

Any help would be appreciated!

Parts should be straight forward, and usually some up for sale on ebay. You'll then need a new switch. The main thing is the wiring already there?. Pulling out the switch inside the cabin and / or removing the blanking plate in the front bumper should tell you this.

Sorry can't help further.

[ QUOTE ]
Parts should be straight forward, and usually some up for sale on ebay. You'll then need a new switch. The main thing is the wiring already there?. Pulling out the switch inside the cabin and / or removing the blanking plate in the front bumper should tell you this.

Sorry can't help further.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Japper - the wiring in particular is a concern. I would expect it to be in place as most modern wiring looms have circuits for options not always fitted, but they'll certainly be a bit of poking about to do.

Think I've used my fogs twice in a year...

Why bother?

[ QUOTE ]
Think I've used my fogs twice in a year...

Why bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that, as I've never used them yet, but the front end of the car looks wrong without them IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
Agree that, as I've never used them yet, but the front end of the car looks wrong without them IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
... which is why I want to fit them. I've got Xenon lights and the fogs will just complete the look, plus the ones I've come across on eBay are quite good value. Most of it is German-based, but not surprisingly, Audi parts seem cheaper there.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
... which is why I want to fit them. I've got Xenon lights and the fogs will just complete the look, plus the ones I've come across on eBay are quite good value. Most of it is German-based, but not surprisingly, Audi parts seem cheaper there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 99euros, if you get them for that aint too bad at all. Good luck mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif