Volks AutosEM Tuning
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

Miltek TBE Isnt happy....Pics inside...and help please!

Right well I've been getting blowing noises from my exhaust, right by the turbo.

As you all know, its a beeeeeeep to get to, so I have taken my induction kit off and had a good look.

Now, I'm looking for soot... so here is some, has this weld failed? Does it just need re-welding? Or is it much worse....?

And also, as the induction kit was off, i noticed it was fairly oily in there. Is this normal? Picture Below...

2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Looks to me as though here could be a failure/split in the weld. Doesnt look too bad going by the amount of soot being blown out of it but its bad enough. If its fairly newish and it is a weld failure they should in theory replace it.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Status
    Well, i didnt buy it new from Milltek, it wasnt that old though, cant be over a year old, it was stunningly shiny when i bought it from a bloke in wales. but i suppose its worth a try!
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Im sure they have an ident plate on them showing when it was manufactured. If it is weld failure then I reckon this would be the right line of enquiry to go down.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    oil is normal. but there you got an exhaust leak. does it use more fuel than usual? does it make burble noise? i think welding could fix it.
    i think i might have an exhaust leak aswell. car is booked tomorrow for inspection. seems that milltek quality isn't something.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Status
    yep it's burbling to a degree. just sounds really "airy" especially when you start it up.

upon normal driving it's not really any different? it's non res. so hearing anything other than a screaming engine would be hard .

fuel wise. my no-2 trip reads 25mpg, and I drive like a beeeep most days.

the weld that's broken is roughly accessible. do you think that could be done without it being taken off?

5th Gear

Status
    deffo a take off to weld
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    When I bought mine second hand I had to get that seam re-welded before fitting, apparently it's quite common if you don't have uprated engine mounts.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Status
    Anybody on here good with a welder and keen to weld it for me for cheap ish!?

I'd rather pay someone from the community here than an exhaust shop by me. not that they'd touch it, as they said they won't touch near the turbo? umm what?? numpties!! they told me to take it to Audi!!!! I said what!? probably pay for a new exhaust with there labour charge.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Anybody on here good with a welder and keen to weld it for me for cheap ish!?

I'd rather pay someone from the community here than an exhaust shop by me. not that they'd touch it, as they said they won't touch near the turbo? umm what?? numpties!! they told me to take it to Audi!!!! I said what!? probably pay for a new exhaust with there labour charge.
    I would go the milltek route first and see what they say because if that weld has failed then what else lurks further down the line?
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    i've welded my milltek dp 3 times now. my mount keeps snapping every now and then, my tuner said that will contact milltek and ask for a warranty replacement, and now if i got exhaust leak because the welds are failing i think that that will be too much.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Status
    i took this from their website

If you are NOT the original purchaser of the system (purchased second-hand or was fitted to your car when purchased)
    All Milltek Sport products are covered by a Limited Warranty which applies only to the original purchaser of the product or part(s) only and is not transferrable to a new owner. In this instance, replacement parts can be purchased from or repairs may be carried out by an authorised Milltek Sport dealer. The owner of the product or part(s) will be liable for all costs incurred as a result.

Audi Heaven

Status
    i took this from their website

If you are NOT the original purchaser of the system (purchased second-hand or was fitted to your car when purchased)
    All Milltek Sport products are covered by a Limited Warranty which applies only to the original purchaser of the product or part(s) only and is not transferrable to a new owner. In this instance, replacement parts can be purchased from or repairs may be carried out by an authorised Milltek Sport dealer. The owner of the product or part(s) will be liable for all costs incurred as a result.
    That's poor from a company like Milltek especially considering yours isn't that old and is clearly the fail of the weld which in turn is workmanship when manufactured...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    When I bought mine second hand I had to get that seam re-welded before fitting, apparently it's quite common if you don't have uprated engine mounts.
    This place is just results in endless modding!!! Engine mounts added to the list FFS

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    not cool at all!

Status
    Well, ill just have to find somebody good with a welder, has a ramp and that will do it for peanuts....

Does anyone know if Shark could fix it? I plan to get fuel pump etc fitted soon so whilst they have it for that and mapping, they could do it?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    This place is just results in endless modding!!! Engine mounts added to the list FFS
    get just the lower engine mount insert now. it's good and cheap.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    get just the lower engine mount insert now. it's good and cheap.
    Do you have a good source? i.e a link?

S.
    5th Gear

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had the same with my Vxr on the turbo down pipe about five times. Every time it was the welds. So I got my mate to weld it an he layer down some proper thick seems. Never had any issues after that. Just mind if MIG welding it you need stainless wire. Or arc stainless rods

Puts me off a milly now seeing this same problem on other marks

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i know quite a few exhaust ppl and none of them would weld up on the car not that near the turbo anyway

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    I got the yellow one, but actually haven't had it fitted yet... I'm pretty useless at actually getting around to doing anything. Still have fogs and indicator bulbs to fit too!
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

Status
    well I've had the Milltek off. It has cracked around the entire inner circumfrance of the down pipe, straight through the whole of the weld. I have a picture. but I'm at work on my phone..... it's being welded as we speak! woooo

definietly need the engine mount me thinks!!

Status
    don't know of this link will work, i havent used flickr before and being on my phone makes it all the more difficult! but here it is...

Welcome to Flickr!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    that's a serious crack. went to look mine, they told me it's ok.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Thats poor. I'm so glad I kept away from Miltek and went the custom PipeWorx route. I've seen too many of these Miltek quality issues.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    Thats poor. I'm so glad I kept away from Miltek and went the custom PipeWorx route. I've seen too many of these Miltek quality issues.
    Silk will pm you about pipeworx in a sec.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Status

Status
    well I had it fixed for £60. which isn't too bad I don't think.

Either way my Milly is back. wooo.

next stop engine mounts.

"S." does your track mount change the drive ability of the car? noisy?

Also you have the large mount and the small mount underneath these S3's. . the website shows the big one. Do they do a small one which is roughly 12 inches away towards the front for it?

Status
    Hi mate powerflex fast road or vibra technics fast road mounts ...
    A3 8p 03 - Vibra-Technics Compliance Technology

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    well I had it fixed for £60. which isn't too bad I don't think.

Either way my Milly is back. wooo.

next stop engine mounts.

"S." does your track mount change the drive ability of the car? noisy?

Also you have the large mount and the small mount underneath these S3's. . the website shows the big one. Do they do a small one which is roughly 12 inches away towards the front for it?
    to be honest it's not that much a difference in noise and vibrations, slightly more vibrations at idle but very little. just wanted to have the purple one hehe and it's really good. it helps a lot with shifting gears.
    didn't change the smaller one, and don't know if they do have the smaller one.