Finally New car arrived

bazs3

Reaction score
Been lurking about for a while now BUT finally got my new S3 Sportback on monday after a 6 Month wait !!!!

And wow has it been well worth the wait had a smile on my face since i picked it up and could quite happily move into it heated buckets are so comfy lmao.

Pic time i guess so hope they work

320-1.jpg

319-1.jpg

320.jpg

Being a VAG virgin lol got a couple of questions if anyone can help firstly

Whats the best wheel spacers to get ie size and hubcentric or standard as really don`t want to hav to do any mods to arches apart from removing the screw from the archliner ?

Can you get mudflaps for the car ? yeah i know not the most performance related mod lol but keeps down the mud and aother rubbish that gets thrown up .

Cheers Baz

Reactions: sliced, coxy16, markm3006 and 6 others
Gorgeous :wub: I'm a big fan of the roof rails for the mini avant look, but that's a really nice car. Buckets ftw! :)

Don't think anyone will argue against H&R hubcentrics, 10mm at the front and 12mm at the back (pretty standard S3 setup). Also agree that SBs need roof rails, finish off a lovely motor. +buckets FTW!

Car looks stunning. Hope you have many safe miles. :) x

Looks awesome. I went 10mm F&R on the H&Rs. People on here are getting rubbing with 12mm on the rear. :)

Thanks for the feedback folks yeah roof rails would of been sweet but think they were like a £300 extra and had my mind set on the buckets lol so had to compromise .
Roll on pay day so i can get the spacers ordered going to try keep it standard (apart fae spacers) for a yr but doubt that will happen ;)

Thanks you guys/girls can`t stop smiling to mysel , must look like i hav been let out the mental asylum but hey ho :hubbahubba:

Looks lovely mate! Well done that man..:o.k: After having a few 3 doors, I cant wait to get myself that mini avant shape.. Crisp in white, too.......:wub:

Very nice indeed - you need to lose the orange indicator bulbs though (so do I, for that matter).

Mudflaps are definitely available, and they're high on my to-do list: the area behind the wheel and the boot lip are the two places which get dirty, weeks before the rest of the car even starts to.

lovely sportback :D
enjoy it mate!!

Superb! Looks as good as mine does! LOL
I was out today for 3hrs fighting the wind and finished off another layer of Werkstatt Acrylic. Get some of that on it. The Ibis White looks awesome with some coats of that on.
Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bazs3 and A3_Black_Edition
How many people use wheel spacers? I hadn't ever thought about it. Thought that people only used them if they needed to fit wheels over big brakes.

Does they make any noticeable difference to the 'stance' and/or handling?

Quite a lot of people use spacers; either for looks, or to make odd offsets work. They increase the track width, so should improve handling, but it's marginal.