A3 Tdi MPG?

A3uk

more power
Reaction score
Just wondered how everyone is getting on with the MPg from their A3?

I monitor with Fuelly, and so far in the month abit of ownership I averaging mid-50's over the last 4k

Took this picture after a fill up and a short drive, i doubt i will get 940mile range!

photo2.jpg

I can only get around 600 miles out of a full tank.

I'm just able to break 600miles, max i have seen so far was 649miles from 52litres of refill

What car indicates my A3 has a potenital range of 727miles....... I'm doubting this as a real world range and more like artifical environment.

I hope around 8k odo the engine should loosen up

Well thanks to a knackered engine courtesy of a dealer 'repair' how does approx 150 miles to a tank sound?!! And they wonder why I keep sending it back to them!

Is that from a 1.6tdi? My Friend is currently running on 'coloured' diesel and has gotten 350 miles from half a tank, significantly higher than what I usually get (5/550), once this tank is used up though he's not putting any more coloured stuff into it, have noticed the car slightly smoky at times. Pity too as its only 80ppl :(

I'd imagine it works out range based on current mpg, so will always change.

My BMW 330d would tease me with ranges of 700 miles, but never got close.

I normally average around the 48 mark as i do quite a lot of town driving with the occasional long journey and short blast

On my recent holiday to Germany I averaged around 44 mpg for the journey to and from Germany using the French autoroutes and with my cruise control set at 90. Whilst I was just gently driving around the Eifel, Hunsruck and Mosel Valley rarely going above 60 I averaged around 55. Not bad for a 170 hp A3 that at the biginning of the holiday had only done 1500 miles. By the time I got home it had 3800 on the clock.