Rear Bumper/Diffuser

adamroutley

Reaction score
Hi guys, this has probably been cover but what exact model is this bumper and (especially) diffuser from?

if its the new shape, will it fit the pre-facelift, a 2004 shape?

(hope the owner doesnt mind)
a2d55s.jpg

Its a 2009 onwards three door standard/sport/s-line rear bumper with a 2009 onwards s-line diffuser. Black edition diffusers look the same, only black instead of grey.

will the 2009 onwards rear bumper fit the pre 2009?

I know the front bumper kicks up loads of issues if its post 2009 but is it the same with the rear?

Here's a question Ad's.

Will a Sportback diffuser fit a 3dr bumper? I'm talking this later style, where it's an insert.

From your post it also sounds like you can mix and match Diffusers between bumpers, ie sline onto base model etc.
Are the bumpers identical for standard sport and sline? with the diffuser being the change between them?

as far as i know the 5 door rear parts do not fit the 3 door. get a part number if compare to make sure though

as for the 3 door bumpers, all 3 door rear bumpers are interchangable. so it doesnt matter what 3 door model it came from, it will fit another 3 door as a direct swap

Here's a question Ad's.

Will a Sportback diffuser fit a 3dr bumper? I'm talking this later style, where it's an insert.

From your post it also sounds like you can mix and match Diffusers between bumpers, ie sline onto base model etc.
Are the bumpers identical for standard sport and sline? with the diffuser being the change between them?

Yep, all diffusers after 2009 will fit any bumper... APART from the S3 bumper.
And yep, all standard, sport, and s-line bumpers are exactly the same. Obviously the 3dr, Sportback and Cabrio bumpers are different though.

as far as i know the 5 door rear parts do not fit the 3 door. get a part number if compare to make sure though

:no: facelift 5 door diffusers will fit 3 door and carbio bumpers. I'm 100000% sure of that. Why??? Because the diffuser I have fitted to my 3 door is from a 5 door bumper. How do I know that?? Because I've still got the 5 door bumper that I took it from sitting in my garage.

Anybody want to buy a 5 door bumper???? :laugh:

You sure about that, i didnt think 5dr diffuser fit 3dr either, bumper you got deffo from 5dr?

AND... I know someone who has a carbio s-line diffuser fitted to his 3 door bumper.

So make that 200000000000000000000000000000000000000000% sure ;)

I have one of these for sale on eBay currently complete with diffuser and inserts. If anyone is interested.

What models had twin exhausts?
As I've seen bumpers for sale with a single size hole.

More of a ball ache buying a bumper, then having g to find a diffuser. They don't look like you could really alter it without looking pants.

What models had twin exhausts?
As I've seen bumpers for sale with a single size hole.

More of a ball ache buying a bumper, then having g to find a diffuser. They don't look like you could really alter it without looking pants.

The 140 2.0 TDI has one exhaust and the 170 had twin .This only applies to A3's produced after 6/2010 i believe.

Hi guys, this has probably been cover but what exact model is this bumper and (especially) diffuser from?

if its the new shape, will it fit the pre-facelift, a 2004 shape?

(hope the owner doesnt mind)
a2d55s.jpg

I have the same bumper as the one in the picture but without the black grill, can a s3 additional diffuser be added in its place?

sorry not related

If yours is (58 reg) or newer with that bumper then no s3 valance can't be added you'll need to buy a pre facelift bumper (05-08) and fit the s3 valance to that.