Proving alloys mirrors are off your car???

Lil ad9

Reaction score
Is there any way to do this? , sorry for the double topic but need to know quite quickly

Dust know until some one nicked that they were worth so much money, install 2 CCTV cameras last night . Just annoying since a set have popped up on eBay not far from we're I live 2 days after mine were nicked but the police can t
do much about it

Yeah, as Ash says you can only do something about it before they are stolen, (UV marker with your car's reg number and/or your postcode and hose number on the back of your mirror covers), but after the theft, there's nothing really you can do unfortunately. The mirror covers only have the part number on them and nothing specifically matching them to your car. Sorry to hear about this happening, thieving scumbags!!!!! :( xx

How about UV chassis number of car? Or even engrave chassis number in? Should be able to prove through your handbook that these were yours if it is matched on the Audi printed code sheet.

Perhaps subtle unique markings and take a photo beforehand?

you could go to all that trouble but in the end if the thief just rubs out the engraving with a knife you have no chance in proving thats your set. sorry but the truth is once its gone the police wont be able to/dont care enough to help you.
they will just say to claim it and get the cash as its the easiest alternative.

Dust know until some one nicked that they were worth so much money, install 2 CCTV cameras last night . Just annoying since a set have popped up on eBay not far from we're I live 2 days after mine were nicked but the police can t
do much about it

Just seen them I think bit of a sus listing isnt it? I would say they probably are! :-(

I would still contact the police with the ebay listing .

Or email the guy and be cute about the fact your looking for an upgrade in mirrors ask him for a post code to see if you win you could pick them up if it not to far , then give that to the police try getting a name ?

How would UV marking help? If you were to buy them off the seller you could be accused of marking them after sale? Or are you thinking more along the lines of having the police check them?

link to the mirrors for sale ?

you could go to all that trouble but in the end if the thief just rubs out the engraving with a knife you have no chance in proving thats your set. sorry but the truth is once its gone the police wont be able to/dont care enough to help you.
they will just say to claim it and get the cash as its the easiest alternative.

True Ash - not sure they care much about this kind of stuff. I witnessed thieves slashing the roof of a convertible we had in our driveway to get a mobile phone, called the police and they told me 'to go and check the damage as they are unable to send anybody if there is no damage'.....