New A3 Info

sounds interesting...

some interesting points from the article:
The platform also gives the A3 a 23mm-longer wheelbase and 50mm-longer body, allowing the front axle to be pushed 40mm further forward, which will give better balance and dynamics.

The A3 will initially be offered with three engines – all revised versions of existing ones. Kicking off the range will be the 121bhp 1.4-litre TFSI. It will be joined by the 177bhp 1.8 TFSI (from the A5) and 147bhp 2.0 diesel TDI. All have seen weight reductions – with the 1.4-litre shedding 21kg – and are fitted with stop-start.

To begin with, the diesel and 1.8-litre TFSI get a seven-speed DSG box, with the 1.4-litre TFSI manual-only until later in the year. Quattro versions of the larger-engined A3 arrive by year end.

A plug-in hybrid is also being considered – it’s most likely to be mated to the 1.4 TFSI – while an electric version will appear in 2014 after the launch of the new Sportback, Cabriolet and the first-ever A3 saloon.

Yeah very interesting.... I am still happy I stuck with the older shape as a new car but the Tech in the new one looks amazing!

Orange seats look hideous but the rest of the car looks amazing :applaus:

Did anyone else notice the missing traditional handbrake, instead it has a button.
I have seen this on a friends Insignia, he said the mechanisms are prone to failure but i am sure Audi will have a completely reliable system in place.

Yeah I did notice the button for the hand brake, we have a new Laguna at work as a pool car and it has one. It hasn't failed yet.... something wrong about pressing a button though in my head. A pull of a leave makes me feel like it's done something!

The seats are horrible but sure they will look nice in a normal not so bright colour.

Cheers,
Si