2006 AUDI A3 FACELIFT CONVERSION ADVICE NEEDED

Cloth ears

Reaction score
Website
www.germancarspares.com
I'm just in the process of doing a facelift conversion to my Audi A3 1.9 Tdi 3 door I have purchased all the front panels as well as headlights, any one advise me of doing the conversion tips and tricks also want to know how you go about fitting the new style door mirrors with the led indicators and wiring them up to work, what's involved and if I need anything else to do the job.
looking for a pair of S3 side skirts with all parts needed to fit them if anyone has anything they want to sell let us know.
Thanks for looking

im going to be honest here, im getting albeit a bit fed up of answering these questions again and again i have ansered em all lots now USE SEARCH. Whats more is like a lot of these mods it cost me a lot of money trialing bits etc to find out everything that is required. I dont mind answering queries that i have not already answered in every detail.

should get paid for this advice tbqfh. I am not the only one on here who does nothing but give either there are a lot of good users on here but noone seems to have teh decency to search and do a little reading

the headlights all depend on what your car had previously ie halogens single xenon bixenon or adaptive bixenon

the front panel requires adjustment of the mount holes (opening out) or moving the captive nuts

the wings require the fitiing kit to go with them and to tap into the inner wing section in the center back and front brackets need adjusted to suit

new bonnet hinges and spacerrs are required

mirrors are a direct fit if you have 3 door t 3 door or 5 door to 5 door, if you already have M door modules they will plug and play if not you need m modules and a reqire of the doorcard (only a repin if you dont have ambient lighting)

new undercovers for the front are required

new bonnet release cable is required

Thanks for that tbh I have searched the forum but all I seem to find is pictures and guides of people doing the conversion but what I was really looking for something which is a bit more thorough into the process you know more details, I appreciate the info you have given its a bit more than what I have found, just a few questions on the points.

The car I am converting Has standard halogen headlights what would I need to fit the new style headlights would I need to change the wiring or would the plugs fit?
Regarding he door modules if I get them off a 3 door car will they fit with out any mods or will I need the wiring out of the doors, could you give me a more info of exactly what I need to do if it is a rewire as I am getting my friend to make a start tomorrow.

Do I need to change the plastic wheel arch liners for off my 2006 car and get the new ones or will they do the job
Hey I appreciate your time and effort for this

there is a difference between getting someone to do the job and doing the job,

you need to replug your headlights and repin them to suit, the looms are rather short so i suggest the easier route of buying the kufatec loom and wiring in some level sensors to it

pretty sure 3 door modules fit the front, loom will not youve different window switches best to rewire/ pin your loom takes around an hour worst case, get both wiring diagrams from elsa

they are different but no just the 2 piece undercover

Look @ My parts List ....

You need everything on the list before you do anything.