Buying used A3 leather seats...suggestions please

H88

Reaction score
Hi people

I just won bidding an A3 sline leather seats. I asked the owner if it comes with rails and ready fitted,he said yes. However this is first time I am buying it so what should I look out for?I dont want to buy something that end up doesnt fit correctly. My car is 2004 TDI.

Cheers

If you are not helping then wats point of readin this thread?No its full leather for £600!!

Last edited:
Now now. As far as I'm aware it should just be a straight swap. Unless the ones you've bought differ in any way, like heating, in which case you might need some additional wiring. I was just messing, as I was out bid on a set. I'm looking at getting some retrimmed then fitted. Any problems you could pm itwasntme187 he's local ish and knows his stuff. Get some pics up when they're in.

Hahah the seats is not heated. I saw that £385 on ebay,did you bid on that as well?I am seeing him(itwasntme187) tomorrow to pick up some stuffand I will ask him about it :)) Definitely I will post up some pictures once I am done.

If you are not helping then wats point of ready this thread?

So what your saying is if your not willing to help then dont read???? I think not. Personally I would of done my homework 1st before bidding.......could of saved you on an expensive mod IF it turns out that they dont fit and someone on here could tell you that.

Sorry didn't mean any offense at all. Like I said ealier I am totally a newbie so I don't have any experiences,this is why I am asking for help from people :)))

Hahah the seats is not heated. I saw that £385 on ebay,did you bid on that as well?I am seeing him(itwasntme187) tomorrow to pick up some stuffand I will ask him about it :)) Definitely I will post up some pictures once I am done.
Yeah I got outbid right at the end, I was trying to up my bid but I was on my iPhone and ran out of time. Oh well there's some more on there anyway. Nice to see your wallets being emptied by the forum already.

Sorry didn't mean any offense at all. Like I said ealier I am totally a newbie so I don't have any experiences,this is why I am asking for help from people :)))

Yeah but what we are saying ask BEFORE you bid!! Could be a very costly mistake!

@willowsdad..there is one for sale down Bradford which is a really good deal. 1 years old and it still look new. However that's miles away from where I live. To be honest I keep telling my self just drive as it is and get a new car next year. But oh well I cant resist my self lol.

@audicruiser I didn't have time to ask for people opinions as the auction was ending:)However I did ask seller a day before it ends if it fits and he said yes. However I just want to make sure its ok before I come to inspect the seats :))

Thanks mate but I'm not really worried about them being mint, they're being retrimmed anyway. If I can get a full set of black and red leather though I'll settle for that.

If you are not helping then wats point of readin this thread?No its full leather for £600!!

bit stroppy that one. think willow was complimenting a possible purchase

:p