Rear wipers stopped working

slade777

Reaction score
As the title says, randomly today the rear wiper decided to just stop. The washer jet still works but the wiper doesn't move a cm.

Any idea why this will be? I did just Change the wiper blade but surely this wouldn't have caused it? All you do is unclip one and clip in the new one. Put the old blade in and still nothing works! Will give it a VCDS scan later and have booked it in for next saturday. Bit annoying as I have been using it In this weather.

Cars only 2 years old not good!!

I know I'm not being very helpful here, but I haven't used my rear wiper once since I bought the car from new! I've even disabled the auto wipe coming on when you put the car into reverse :) I just hate the mark it leaves on my rear window! :think:

Same I hate the mark but in the weather we've been having sitting on the motor way at 80 the spray that comes up it's been coming in useful.

I have used some gtechniq rain repellant today so hopefully the rain will slide off. It certainly does off the fronts. Never needed to use the wipers on the front really. Only ever on intermittent setting.

maybe a silly question m8, have you checked the fuses

cal

Same I hate the mark but in the weather we've been having sitting on the motor way at 80 the spray that comes up it's been coming in useful.

I have used some gtechniq rain repellant today so hopefully the rain will slide off. It certainly does off the fronts. Never needed to use the wipers on the front really. Only ever on intermittent setting.

Had to change my rear wiper motor last week. Mine still worked but had loads of play in it and would park itself nearly on the paintwork. I replaced it with part number 8E9 955 711 E at £84 all in from Audi though it should of been £106 but I get discount.

When I fitted the new one and opened up the old one it was well manky. It looks like the washer fluid literally eats the mechanism but the later motors have been revised to stop this apparently.