Greetings from Botswana

arvindchills

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Great forum here. I have been skulking around this website and looking into the informative posts and the general banter going around. Nice forum.

Alright here is a quick intro:
I recently bought an audi a3 3.2 (2005) through a friend in the UK. He bought it from Woodside Motors.
Specs
Manual, HPI cleared, Symphony audio with Bose, Electric heated seats, Light Sensor, 29000 miles (Checked it online through the method posted on the forum), all the other standard jazz. Cost a bit because of the low milage.

The car is on a boat on its way to me In Botswana and Boy have I gone haywire.
I decieded that I wanted to change things on the car before I even got it so here is a list of stuff I have bought whilst waiting for the car:

1) Xenon Lights from an A3 - ★ AUDI A3 S3 8P0941030AA + 8P0941003AA XENON HEADLIGHT LEFT + RIGHT RHD ★ | eBay

2) LED Rear Lights and Harness : http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/17...1/Products/AUA3L001/SubProducts/AUA3L001-0001

3) Audi A3 Facia headunit - Audi A3 Fascia Facia Aerial Adaptor Lead Panel Surround Fitting Kit Package (A19 5055193311476 | eBay
(I wanna change the Symphony to an Pioneer DA100)

4) Audi Interior LED Set - INTERIOR LED Car Light Bulbs FULL SET AUDI A3 8P | eBay

5) Audi 2011 Instrument Cluster - AUDI A3 2011 TDI MK2 8P S3 STYLE GREY FACE L.E.D, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CLOCK 2011* | eBay

6) Audi A3 Foglights - H7 SMD LED Fog Light Bulb Lamp Audi A3 8PA Sportback | eBay

7) Audi A3 Pedals - Original Audi OEM Pedal Cover Set A3 S3 RS3 8P 8PA +Sportback !! | eBay

8) Audi a3 Armrest - Genuine Audi a3, a4, armrest, arm rest 2009, 8p0 864 207B | eBay

9) Audi A3 W501 - Parking Lights : 501 W5W SMD LED Parking Bulbs Lights AUDI A3 8P 8PA | eBay

As it stands that is the upgrades for the car that is yet to arrive ...

The car looks like this as stock:

AETV77151540_1b.jpg

AETV77151540_2b.jpg

AETV77151540_4b.jpg

AETV77151540_6b.jpg

:D

:p

So I did speak to Nigel briefly about upgrading the lights while the car was still in the UK but was not able to do so due to time constraints.

Thats right folks - You guessed right, I will be doing it all myself. Maybe engage an audi technician along the way.. I shall keep updating it as I make progress.

Ciao

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to ASN. Car looks nice, quite a list of parts you have there, your going to be busy. Cant wait to see it when your done. Enjoy the forum. :)

Welcome to the forum! You certainly have gone slightly haywire with your modding bits, especially since you haven't even got the car within your grasp yet, lol. No harm in that though, you enjoy it matey. Looking forward to your updates, when the car reaches your shores. :wub: xx

you know your headlights will need a new level controller and ce unit, i can supply this :) if they didnt come with ballasts and bulbs for it i can also supply this :)

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback guys...
I guess there is the likelihood that the thread will go dead till i ACTUALLY physically receive me car
:p

Cheers.

Welcome. Good to see your going full steam ahead. Just a quick one are the fogs definitely H7 bulbs. I thought all A3s used h11???

To be honest I am not the biggest fan of those rims, but getting down another set from the UK would be the most expensive endeavour I can undertake.
I am not sure whether to go all out after market or get replica RiMs.

I am looking at different options. Time will tell.

The fog lights, i did not know I needed H11, i told the guy who sold them to me to confirm they would work on my car and he said yes, If they dont work, I will demand a refund and or issue a bad rating (I kid, maybe we will resolve it as reasonable adults through dialouge)

Welcome. Good to see your going full steam ahead. Just a quick one are the fogs definitely H7 bulbs. I thought all A3s used h11???

2005 Definitely use H7's - I've got them !

Just another point which no doubt you have discussed with Nige but you will need VCDS to code some of the bits !