Great forum here. I have been skulking around this website and looking into the informative posts and the general banter going around. Nice forum.
Alright here is a quick intro:
I recently bought an audi a3 3.2 (2005) through a friend in the UK. He bought it from Woodside Motors.
Manual, HPI cleared, Symphony audio with Bose, Electric heated seats, Light Sensor, 29000 miles (Checked it online through the method posted on the forum), all the other standard jazz. Cost a bit because of the low milage.
The car is on a boat on its way to me In Botswana and Boy have I gone haywire.
I decieded that I wanted to change things on the car before I even got it so here is a list of stuff I have bought whilst waiting for the car:
1) Xenon Lights from an A3 - ★ AUDI A3 S3 8P0941030AA + 8P0941003AA XENON HEADLIGHT LEFT + RIGHT RHD ★ | eBay
2) LED Rear Lights and Harness : http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/171.../AUA3L001-0001
3) Audi A3 Facia headunit - Audi A3 Fascia Facia Aerial Adaptor Lead Panel Surround Fitting Kit Package (A19 5055193311476 | eBay
(I wanna change the Symphony to an Pioneer DA100)
4) Audi Interior LED Set - INTERIOR LED Car Light Bulbs FULL SET AUDI A3 8P | eBay
5) Audi 2011 Instrument Cluster - AUDI A3 2011 TDI MK2 8P S3 STYLE GREY FACE L.E.D, INSTRUMENT CLUSTER CLOCK 2011* | eBay
6) Audi A3 Foglights - H7 SMD LED Fog Light Bulb Lamp Audi A3 8PA Sportback | eBay
7) Audi A3 Pedals - Original Audi OEM Pedal Cover Set A3 S3 RS3 8P 8PA +Sportback !! | eBay
8) Audi a3 Armrest - Genuine Audi a3, a4, armrest, arm rest 2009, 8p0 864 207B | eBay
9) Audi A3 W501 - Parking Lights : 501 W5W SMD LED Parking Bulbs Lights AUDI A3 8P 8PA | eBay
As it stands that is the upgrades for the car that is yet to arrive ...
The car looks like this as stock:
So I did speak to Nigel briefly about upgrading the lights while the car was still in the UK but was not able to do so due to time constraints.
Thats right folks - You guessed right, I will be doing it all myself. Maybe engage an audi technician along the way.. I shall keep updating it as I make progress.